Bootmii Boot2 alternatives

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gilaben, Jul 10, 2009.

Jul 10, 2009

Bootmii Boot2 alternatives by gilaben at 3:34 AM (1,457 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. gilaben
    OP

Newcomer gilaben Advanced Member

United States
    So apparently I have a newer Wii which is unable to install Bootmii in Boot2.

Just a quick question, is this something I should be worried about. I have preloader 0.29 installed. What are some ways a Wii can be possibly bricked that I should avoid. I'm aware of banner bricks and deleting IOS but would like to know about other things.

Also, is there anything that Preloader is unable to fix?

2. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Preloader resides alongside the system menu IOS, so if something corrupts that IOS, preloader will fail as well. Best bet is to not install wads (unless you are sure of their validity....like multiple other users test it or it is released from a very reliable source) and never to delete IOS's. I personally returned my new Wii and purchased one that was boot2 capable on ebay (for half the price no less), so this may be another route to take if you want true backup/restore functions.

3. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The best way to prevent messing your Wii up is not doing stupid, foolish things, and making sure of what you are doing BEFORE you mess the Wii up rather than after. Most of the time when people have problems it seems like it is because they didn't bother to read up on what they were doing first.