Hacking Bootmii at boot62 problem

kirsha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I have been softmodding my Wii without issues other than this annoying and potentially troubling problem. My Wii is right now on 4.2 doing it by the recommended process. Bootmii was allowed to be installed to boot2 and did so without problem. The thing is that when I boot my Wii, it goes to the System Menu directly, as if nothing was installed. If Bootmii is on boot2, it should boot immediatly at start up, right? The bootmii folder was created on the sd card...so I cant figure out why it is not booting up as it should. Any ideas?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could be you're sd card isn't compatible with bootmii try copying files of sd card and formatting and copying files back and try again or try another sd card

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do the upgrade to 4.2 after you installed bootmii, if you did you need to reinstall bootmii as it gets overwritten

If still no luck, check the settings in the bootmii folder on your sd card to make sure its not set to 0 wait

kirsha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
Did you do the upgrade to 4.2 after you installed bootmii, if you did you need to reinstall bootmii as it gets overwritten

If still no luck, check the settings in the bootmii folder on your sd card to make sure its not set to 0 wait

Yes I checked after I finished updating to 4.2. It still set as installed on boot2. Tried uninstalling and installing it again too, but got the same results. BOOTDELAY is what you mean? It is set to 5.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the BOOTDELAY is exactly what im talking about, hmm thats strange, it does sound like an incompatibility with your SD card, do you have another you can try to test?

I guess you could try formatting it again but i dont know if that would help it much

kirsha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I tried formatting and that didnt help. Guess its the card itself then? I will have to look for another one and see if it I get results.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the sounds of it my best educated guess would say its the SD card, bootmii can be kinda picky, infact my sd card didnt work at all with early revisions of bootmii and then when the current one came out it only showed 200MB free (my card is 8GB and had 6+GB free) but when i formatted it, it started to read it porperly again so its just kinda picky

kirsha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually also have a 2gb Sandisk card *made for the Wii*. Im formatting it to FAT32 right now and Ill try that. See how it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse