Hacking Bootmii as an IOS and Boot2

mrmicp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I softmodded my wii about a week ago and i'm still reading and learing as I go along, anyway initally I installed bootmii as an IOS but after reading up I figured to install bootmii as boot2 (as my wii is pre 2008) so I could take a backup of my NAND and recover if all went t1ts up! So after taking a backup of my NAND and safely storing it away I wondered to myself if I should remove bootmii as an IOS or is it ok being installed as both, also what other funtions does bootmii provide other than to take a backup of your NAND and help aid recovery from a bricked Wii. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no harm installing it as both ios and boot2.

You could use it for SNEEK. just search the forum for more information on it.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
i find it convinient to also install bootmii as ios since i could go directly to bootmii with a shortcut on hbc, if that is i'm already at hbc

mrmicp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I'll have a look into SNEEK! It's amazing really I always used to mod my consoles and swore that my modding days were over but what's available to you when you softmod your Wii is unbelievable
smile.gif

I initially softmodded my Wii just so I could back up my 40 games to HDD but i'm having fun with a lot of the homebrew now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad