Hacking bootmii and priiloader advice

Richardarkless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi my friend had a softmodded wii 4.2 using bannerbomb and he updated using waniko (however you say it) 4.3 updater to update to 4.3, everything is fine with it but he wants to install some protection just in case it bricks

Im gonna install bootmii but what about priiloader, is it any good, ive always just installed bootmii and that was it

with bootmii just put bannerbomb on sd card and go to the sd menu bit to install, correct?

EDIT or shall I just download bootmii and put hackmii_installer in the apps folder and run through homebrew channel

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why go to 4.3 anyways, theres no need if you are on 4.2. I would advise against it, unneccesary.

If he doesnt have the old vulnerable boot 2, then bootmii will only install as an ios(which isnt great protection) and priiloader is a must have. Personally I have both installed. I suggest you wait till the experts give you some advice but I bet it will be close to my opinion.

Richardarkless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
afnuke said:
Why go to 4.3 anyways, theres no need if you are on 4.2. I would advise against it, unneccesary.

If he doesnt have the old vulnerable boot 2, then bootmii will only install as an ios(which isnt great protection) and priiloader is a must have. Personally I have both installed. I suggest you wait till the experts give you some advice but I bet it will be close to my opinion.

I know, I said it doesnt bring new features but he was insistent so I told him how to do it lol

ok thanks, im gonna download bootmii see if it says that it can be installed in boot2 and if not then ill install as an ios and then install priiloader

EDIT, with priiloader, does a wii remote work now or will it still need to be navigated either by the wii console buttons or by a gamecube controller

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
priiloader now works fine with wiimotes.
smile.gif
(assuming they're already synched with the wii). The installer is also a lot user-friendly than preloader's used to be.

Richardarkless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
priiloader now works fine with wiimotes.
smile.gif
(assuming they're already synched with the wii). The installer is also a lot user-friendly than preloader's used to be.

ok thanks so

1. put hackmii installer folder in the app folder
2. prepare sd card
3. install bootmii in boot2 (if possible)
4. put priiloader folder in app folder and install

is that right cause im most likely gonna go over and do it tomorrow

Richardarkless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive sent him all the stuff he needs and he replied back saying that hes got a problem, he used this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 to modify his 4.2 wii and get all the things he needed e.g. ios's, etc anyway now after he updated to 4.3 he cant load the hackmii installer, keeps on complaining about fakesigning ios and that it cant continue as its a security risk, what will he need to do to fix that problem

After he told me that I told him to go onto the priiloader bit and he says he had done it and that the white menu pops up on when he presses the on button while holding reset

bugaveli said:
yes youre right, but put the hacks.ini file on the root when u run priiloader, enable the hacks u want and when youre done u can delete the hacks.ini

yea I got the hacks.ini for 4.3 from the wii brew site, he says that they worked, thanks for the heads up

EDIT done some reading up and it says that a log file is saved on the sd card so I asked him to send it over so here it is

QUOTEHackMii v0.6 installer starting up
PVR = 00087200
running under IOS 36 rev 0xe17
124 titles are installed
Found IOS 60: revision: 0x1900.
Found IOS 58: revision: 0x181f.
Found IOS 51: revision: 0x1300.
Found IOS 50: revision: 0x1400.
Found IOS 30: revision: 0xb00.
Found IOS 20: revision: 0x100.
Found IOS 11: revision: 0x100.
Found IOS 10: revision: 0x300.
Found IOS 80: revision: 0x1b1f.
Found IOS 250: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 249: revision: 0x13*
Found IOS 223: revision: 0x4*
Found IOS 222: revision: 0x4*
Found IOS 202: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 57: revision: 0x171e.
Found IOS 56: revision: 0x161d.
Found IOS 70: revision: 0x1a1f*
Found IOS 61: revision: 0x161d.
Found IOS 55: revision: 0x151e.
Found IOS 53: revision: 0x161e.
Found IOS 38: revision: 0x101b.
Found IOS 254: revision: 0xc14*
Found IOS 37: revision: 0x161e.
Found IOS 36: revision: 0xe17.
Found IOS 35: revision: 0xe17.
Found IOS 34: revision: 0xe17.
Found IOS 33: revision: 0xe17.
Found IOS 31: revision: 0xe17.
Found IOS 28: revision: 0x70e.
Found IOS 22: revision: 0x50d.
Found IOS 17: revision: 0x407.
Found IOS 15: revision: 0x407.
Found IOS 14: revision: 0x407.
Found IOS 13: revision: 0x407.
Found IOS 12: revision: 0x20d.
Found IOS 21: revision: 0x40e.
Found IOS 2: revision: 0x202.
Found IOS 9: revision: 0x40a.
IOS versions: Installer: 0, HBC: 61, DVDX: 36
got no usable IOS for the installer
starting preparationspreparations done!This installer can NOT continue!

There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii.
Please note that we will not use a fakesigned IOS due to
security reasons.

Look for an updated version at:
http://bootmii.org

If this is already the latest version... well, suck it.

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afnuke said:

You mean a vulnerable boot1 so bootmii can be installed to boot2
wink.gif

Richardarkless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bugaveli said:
youll be just fine if you get it from NUSAD

Well we'll have to find out tomorrow wont we lol

Ive always wondered, you know with the nand backup can it be backed up on the same sd card as the one you use with all your apps and stuff cause ive always used another sd card, currently he only has one sd card

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi is now partly in the shite, as he did the 4.2 via the stickies, then went and for whatever reason went and upgraded to 4.3, which would have blown away most of his mod abilites.

Quote: etc anyway now after he updated to 4.3 he cant load the hackmii installer, keeps on complaining about fakesigning ios and that it cant continue as its a security risk Unquote

Sort of odd though, should now get an Error 003 trying to run bannerbomb if he's on 4.3

This guy should just give up before he bricks it.

Richardarkless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi quick update everyone who helped, I went over his house and installed the IOS34 v3348 and then the hackmii installer worked again, thanks Riley for that piece of advice. I installed bootmii, it could only be installed through an ios so I installed that way and he can access bootmii through priiloader so it will help

C.S.I. said:
Hi is now partly in the shite, as he did the 4.2 via the stickies, then went and for whatever reason went and upgraded to 4.3, which would have blown away most of his mod abilites.

Quote: etc anyway now after he updated to 4.3 he cant load the hackmii installer, keeps on complaining about fakesigning ios and that it cant continue as its a security risk Unquote

Sort of odd though, should now get an Error 003 trying to run bannerbomb if he's on 4.3

This guy should just give up before he bricks it.

He didnt upgrade through the official upgrader (settings, update menu) but the unofficial waninkoko firmware upgrader which upgrades all the ios's and stuff and it still allows him to install wads, and do everything else he could before so really he hasnt lost anything, heres the link to the upgrader, http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-custom-softwar...o-official.html

What cant he do with 4.3 which he could do with 4.2?

As for the error 003, I didnt run it through the bannerbomb exploit but ran it through the homebrew channel

Im pretty technical in computers and most if not all the time he sees me and asks me whether such and such is possible and I show him the answer and how to install it (or I actually go over his house and do it for him lol), he hasnt bricked his wii yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.