bootmii and DOP-MII v.12 question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by korn16ftl3, Apr 25, 2010.

Apr 25, 2010
  1. korn16ftl3
    OP

Newcomer korn16ftl3 Member

United States
    well ok i have tryed to install bootmii as a boot2 but bootmii says it can only be installed as an IOS ok kool least i have some kinda bootmii to recover in conjunction with preloader.

so i bricked my wii on accident and the wii started loading directly to bootmii screen ok no issue (good thing i backed up my nand eh) i recovered from it and was in the process of re-updating and repairing everything back to normal ( as the nand back-up was a touch out of date) at this point in time we used DOP-MII to sighn the tuncha bug to the IOS's while we were sighning the bug we looked at the boot2 option and it said i could upgrade the boot2 from v.3 to v.4 without any issues

any suggestions is this potentally whats keeping me from installing bootmii to my boot2 how is this possable when bootmii says its not capable of installing to the boot2 (asuming i have a non writable boot2)

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    updating to v.4 will not allow you to install bootmii as boot2
    All it does it update the boot2 to the latest version from nintendo
    Also once you have boot2 v.4 i believe your no longer able to downgrade your wii system menu because it will brick it

3. korn16ftl3
    OP

Newcomer korn16ftl3 Member

United States
    in other words no point in even investing time upgrading to v.4

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    yeah basically