Hacking Booting wii isos from sd card through backup loaders???

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the Wii's cISO is different than the Gamecube's cISO format. (makes me remember I need to allow listing of ciso file extension for gamecube games in USBLoaderGX as nintendont can read them).
They're the same format. It isn't actually compressed; it's more of a "sparse" format in that it removes unused blocks (scrubbed).

PSP loaders, on the other hand, use a "CISO" format that actually *is* compressed using zlib, and isn't compatible with GCN/Wii cISO.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it's the same format than a normal ISO (just the scrubbed sectors removed), then I wonder why d2x can't read it. it should retain the same structure (partition table, partitions, etc.)
I think one day you gave me something to add support for ciso (the header info, something like that) ... sorry I forgot about it. I might do a search in the forum to find it back.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's only one, the official installer released by hermes.

if your question was "what's the best IOS version" (not the installer itself), then it depends. lot of people kept using 4.0 while some used 5.1, so most guides ended with a mix of both, with different mixed base.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
5.1 is not the installer version, it's the cIOS version.
you found a modded version of what, the installer or the IOS ?

modded version should be released with information about what's different than the original version, or a patch, or the sources.
saying "mod" without knowing what's new or better or different is a little useless.

Maybe the "mod" is just a mod of 5.0, because 5.1 is a fix version of 5.0, so maybe hermes called it "mod" himself. almost nobody uses 5.0

Last edited by Cyan,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d2x doesn't read ISOs or WBFS files. It uses either a WBFS partition and disc ID or a list of sectors the game takes up if the drive isn't WBFS. What's needed is a function to get a list of the drive sectors the game takes up if it's a CISO file.

D

Deleted User

I need some help, CFG USB Loader gets stuck at a screen and posts a message that says:
cIOS 249 is a Stub!

How do I solve that?

I hacked my Wii about 6 years ago, when the latest HBC was updated to be installed on 4.3

I honestly can't remember which cIOS I have, as I followed a guide using LetterBomb.

EDIT: I've accidentally installed: d2x v6 base 37 rev21006 into slot 249
EDIT 2: Apparently OnLine installer using d2X Installer is not working, so what I said on first edit just failed.

EDIT 3: So what's going on is that I had Waninkoko's cIOS installed thanks to old Hacking methods, and most loaders uses d2x cIOS right? So I have to reintall/upate IOS249 in order to be readable by launchers... right?

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.