Booting up Paper Mario with german language on Jap GC

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Bonny, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Bonny
    OP

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    As the title says, i'am trying to run a PAL Backup of Paper Mario on a japanese GC with german as language. The PAL version of Paper Mario has 5 Languages included. I really want to play the game in german, but on a japanese GC i can't select the language in the System menu. So the games runs with english as language as default.

I'am using DATEL SD Media Launcher with GCOS 1.5 to launch the game. Is there any way to get the game working in german?

Manipulating the ISO is maybe a way. But what tools do i need? Or can i use somekind of homebrew or loader software to make this possible?

Any help is appreciated! :unsure:

Phantom64 likes this.
  2. Bonny
    OP

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    I got it! B-)

Opend the ISO with GC Tool 1.2B, and found in the File/Folder-Structure a folder named "msg". In it were 5 folders: US, DE, SP, IT, FR. I just renamed the DE-folder to US, and the US-folder to DE. Thats it. There were also 2 other Folders in the root named "e" or "w" who also contained the 5 language folders. I'am not really sure for what these are for. Before i had a look into the "msg" folder, i tried to mess with the "w" folder, but that made the ISO unbootable. Anyway, the folder-structure is sure different in every other game, but if you find the correct folders/files, i'am sure, it is possible to set the booting-language that you want.

3. HNKii

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    Is it possible to flash the GameCube's Bios without NAND programming?

4. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    I haven't seen discussion of whether the bios is writable. But it's hard to say, GameCube hardware isn't completely documented to the public.

5. Phantom64

Phantom64 Banned

Banned
    Aug 18, 2015
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Hope this is not necroposting... i really need this :unsure: