booting through disc channel on 4.0

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by johnnyturk, May 15, 2009.

May 15, 2009
  1. johnnyturk
    OP

Newcomer johnnyturk Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    now i have asked on other places before and kind of asked here too, and considering no one has been able to help me fix it i would imagine i am not the only one with the issue, some tell me it cant be done, others say it can, some of these say theres alot to do

now the details, i recently softmodded my wii froma virgin 4.0 by following this guide

http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php...&p=327#p327

ive played games off of usb and by launching through gamma, but gamma fails at rebooting with hooks, gecko 1.901 also fails completely and i found out that is because gecko doesnt support backups [​IMG]

so every time i go to the disc channel it just says it doesnt regognise the disc

so what are my options, is it possible to downgrade my console considering whats already done to my console, or is there another app that would work, or a ios something or other

thank ya

2. Linkweskerleon77

Newcomer Linkweskerleon77 Advanced Member

United States
    The same thing is happening with me. I had a 3.2 and updated to a 4.0 with waninkoko's firmware updater. Now, even if I install cIOSCORP it still doesn't load from the disc channel it says I have to make an update to use the software and even if I downgrade it still tells me that when I go to the disc channel.

3. johnnyturk
    OP

United Kingdom
    bump, i really think this needs to be seen more and discussed and sorted out

4. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Virginize (search for threads about this) your wii, revert to 3.2e, start again.

5. johnnyturk
    OP

United Kingdom
    any chance of a link? i dont actually know what im looking for and virginize is everywhere, any guide i found doesnt state whether it worked on 4.0 so i dno which to try or anything

6. phpgeek

Member phpgeek GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    What do you mean it tells you to make an update? A disc update? If so just install preloader hacks to skip disc updates and you will be fine!

I have 4.0E, cIOSCORP v2 and preloader - disc channel loading works just fine!! Why would anyone need or want to downgrade unless the issue is with DVDx?

7. mattickus

Newcomer mattickus Member

United States
    Change preloader to run off IOS 36 and your bup games will work in disc channel

8. johnnyturk
    OP

United Kingdom
    is there a way i could change gamma to work off of ios 36 and if so would it make the disc channel work?

if not, would installing pre loader sort out my problem in anyway?

9. johnnyturk
    OP

United Kingdom