Homebrew Booting redNAND first time - hanging on white screen

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As title states, I've just completed my first redNAND dump (using latest source code from link removed).

trying to boot it for the first time I get hung up on the white Wii U Menu screen before it loads the menu. Any ideas? There's so much damn information to parse through :(

Last edited by Ninja_Carver,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you need to remove the link to dimok's iosuhax as that firmware contains copyrighted material from Nintendo and its against gbatemp.net rules to link to copyrighted material. You can get banned for doing that.

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to remove the link to dimok's iosuhax as that firmware contains copyrighted material from Nintendo and its against gbatemp.net rules to link to copyrighted material. You can get banned for doing that.
sorry about that, link removed. also figured out the issue- somehow fw.img was in the wrong place after i moved back the contents of my SD card. please delete/close whatever.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry about that, link removed. also figured out the issue- somehow fw.img was in the wrong place after i moved back the contents of my SD card. please delete/close whatever.
glad you got it sorted to get the thread closed you need to hit the report button and say you are the op and need the thread closed.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Fix94 has the same link in the "how to build iosuhax" thread... did he link to a fw.img? Am I missing something? Thought dimoks GitHub was fine to link to.

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fix94 has the same link in the "how to build iosuhax" thread... did he link to a fw.img? Am I missing something?
temp rules state you can't link to fw imgs as they contain copyright material so should not be allowed but then as it's FIX94 himself posting it it might just be allowed. But as a general rule you can't link to things like that as far as I'm aware.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
temp rules state you can't link to fw imgs as they contain copyright material so should not be allowed but then as it's FIX94 himself posting it it might just be allowed. But as a general rule you can't link to things like that as far as I'm aware.
It wasn't compiled as a fw.img & that's what's not to be shared I believe.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It wasn't compiled as a fw.img & that's what's not to be shared I believe.
Ah yes huge apologies to the op and @BIFFTAZ you are very much right lol I forget it was not already compiled. on a side note it's a bit of a strange rule that you can post it not compiled but can't post it compiled because whatever way it's posted it's still going to do the same thing in the end lol. Then again a lot of rules on here are strange.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So whats the point of formatting sysnand after all of this? just to relink my NNID and install Haxchii?? It doesnt make any sense, can anyone explain?

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the uncompiled version doesnt have the wiiu common key and starbuck ancast key in getfwimg.py so you sohould be able to link to dimok's github

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah yes huge apologies to the op and @BIFFTAZ you are very much right lol I forget it was not already compiled. on a side note it's a bit of a strange rule that you can post it not compiled but can't post it compiled because whatever way it's posted it's still going to do the same thing in the end lol. Then again a lot of rules on here are strange.
Because the end user has to add the copyrighted data to it before its built (OTP.bin). Dimoks code contains nothing that's copyrighted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: