Hacking Booting into HBC via Priiloader

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still rather confused about the new HBC title ID. It's no longer a 4-character ID, so what does Priiloader boot into? My cousin's Wii is a generation 3 white Wii (bought right before the black Wii's were shipped) and does not have any form of protection other than BootMii IOS and Priiloader. I want to update the HBC to 108, but their Priiloader is still at 0.2 (I think) and I'm too scared to update HBC, update Priiloader and suddenly run into a bug that stuffs up the Priiloader installation (known Priiloader 0.5 issue) which will end up with a nice, expensive brick.

tl;dr
Will updating the HBC to 108 stop older revisions of Priiloader to boot into it?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
vegemikee said:
I'm still rather confused about the new HBC title ID. It's no longer a 4-character ID, so what does Priiloader boot into? My cousin's Wii is a generation 3 white Wii (bought right before the black Wii's were shipped) and does not have any form of protection other than BootMii IOS and Priiloader. I want to update the HBC to 108, but their Priiloader is still at 0.2 (I think) and I'm too scared to update HBC, update Priiloader and suddenly run into a bug that stuffs up the Priiloader installation (known Priiloader 0.5 issue) which will end up with a nice, expensive brick.

tl;dr
Will updating the HBC to 108 stop older revisions of Priiloader to boot into it?
The new hbc use a hex id. You can boot the hbc with the priiloader option launch title in priiloader 0.4.

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
vegemikee said:

tl;dr
The new hbc use a hex id. You can boot the hbc with the priiloader option launch title in priiloader 0.4.

So with that said, any rev. of Priiloader is able to boot into the HBC?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, not just any version of Priiloader.

But, worst come to worst, you can use priiloader to boot to bootmi as IOS, then use bootmii to launch the HBC.

Otherwise, you need 0.4 or maybe the latest beta (after 0.4) to directly boot the HBC via the Priiloader menu option.

You should update Priiloader to at least the 0.4 release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: