Hacking Booting gamecube backups from dvd or usb

thestudent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i got a softmodded wii with neogamma 7 installed and csios installed all my wii games play fine but my son is wanting to play a gamecube backup its in .gmc format i burnt it with image burn on a dvd-r (same disk i use for wii games) and i get a green screen for a second with neo gamma then the wii reboots to the preloader screen i have a gamecube controller but it wasnt plugged up at the time any help would be great the game is super mario sunshine . thanks in advance .

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for one, you can't currently play gamecube backups from USB. Only from DVD copies.

And also, you aren't using the appropriate loader. To play gamecube copies with a softmod, you need to install the cMIOS, and use an appropriate gamecube loader. The cMIOS is able to implement the loader into the disc channel to simply the process.

So try installing the right software and see how it goes.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
nicksasa has just released tools to emulate wii nand onto usb or sd so this might be possible now, check out first page of wii hacking forum

i haven't been keeping up with the scene, and I may be dense, but where's this thread you're referring to? Or just the app?

thestudent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found the info mentioned in the first response works fine now . i guess all i needed was the right software as mentioned .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/BkUi1uEdCmk +1