Booting Custom Wii Games on last 3.3E

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Rexobias, Nov 3, 2008.

Nov 3, 2008
  1. Rexobias
    OP

Newcomer Rexobias Member

Portugal
    Hi my friends. I have a PAL Wii (firmware 3.3E) with Wiikey (firmware 1.9s).

My cousin made the last "forbidden" update (3.3E after 23 Oct) and I almost killed him. Well, I've tried all my games and almost all of them works. The problem are 3 games. This games are custom games (modified).

No More Heroes (Pal Version Uncensored)
    Bleach - Shattered Blade (Pal Version with Japanese Voices)
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Pal Version with Japanese Music)

I made the update of Homebrew Channel to version 9 and I tried the last Gecko OS. When I press "Lauch game" it freezes in the menu and I need to turn off and restart my Wii.

Well, there's anyway to boot this games?!

The Menu Loader works?! I dont tried it cause I'm afraid ...

Thanks for the attention.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
  3. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    You could probably use the menu loader, and load it with cIOS (ie, IOS254/249).

Otherwise, an option may be to install the latest cIOS and backup loader 0.3 and run them through that.

4. higuys

Newcomer higuys Advanced Member

Australia
    i had the exact same problem, but follow the link that ether posted and you'll be right. i was shattered when i couldn't play de blob through gecko os anymore, but this fixed it with the downgrader.

5. GhostSonic

Member GhostSonic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I kind of like this guide a little more. It helped a friend of mine who updated.

6. Rexobias
    OP

Newcomer Rexobias Member

Portugal
    Thanks for the help. I need to buy you all a dinner, lol.

I just have some questions left.

My Wii firmware is 3.3E and Wii Shop Channel works well. I've read somewhere else there was a 3.4 version that changes some little things on Wii Shop Channel (Wii Points to Nintendo Points, etc...). This new update is real?!

Do you reccomend me to make this update, and then follow one of the guides you posted?! Which guide is the best?!

After follow one of the guides my Wii will be at a modified 3.3E version. Some games like Disaster Day Of Crisis will ask to install the update or it will recognize the custom firmware as the original 3.3E?!

One last question, can I try the Menu Loader after 3.3E without any afraid or problem of break my Wii?!

Thanks for everything once again.

7. Rexobias
    OP

Newcomer Rexobias Member

Portugal
    Anyone?!

8. RadioShadow

Member RadioShadow GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    The Japanese Wii can download the 3.4J firmware which updates the Shop Channel to use Nintendo Points instead of Wii Points since the DSi has been released and use Nintendo Points as well. It is required or else you can't use the Shop Channel.

The US/EU have to update as well or else they can't use the Shop Channel (unless an IOS is installed). However, the firmware is still 3.3U/E and it still uses Wii points.

You can stick/downgrade to 3.2 if you want. I say just update and follow my guide as it's just as easy to stick with the latest version and let you pirate stuff at the same time. [​IMG]

As you have WiiKey in your Wii, go and download the WiiKey Config 1.3 ISO. With this, you can change certain settings. One option being to ignore updates from Wii discs. A useful feature to activate. The alternative is to install the 'Wii Gator Channel' and use that to boot the game if an update is required, the channel will ignore the update and boot the game.

Menu Loader shouldn't brick your Wii. The settings they change are only temporary. Say if you region free the channels, as soon as you load a channel, the Wii's setting is reverted back to normal. To region free them, you will have to load Menu Loader again. You will have to see if it works on 3.3 know.