Hacking Question Booted in CFW Synand but turned off the console on the Atmosphere screen

Konako

2B Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I updated my Hekake by downloading SD settup because I'm an idiot and couldn't boot my Emunand
By doing that it gave me the CFW Sysnand as an option again and since I was so used to have the emunand first I clicked it and I tried to save myself by turning off the console on the atmosphere screen.
So my question is.
Should I restore my clean nand backup? If yes how do I restore it? The backup was on 8.1.0 and a fuse got burned with the 9.0.0 update
Also sorry for making this thread I already asked in the Noob Paradise thread but I wanted more answers
Anyway Thank you guys for reading this and for the future help you guys can provide me

xstre pwnsx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am gathering the reason you want to know if you should restore your clean nand is so that your console does not get banned? If so:

Copypasted from the ReSwitched Discord (March 2019, said by Val#8035):

Instant ban:

• Piracy of any sort

• Homebrew nsps

• Changing user icon through homebrew

• Sketchy eShop behavior

Not so instant ban, but still a ban:

• Modding online games

• Cheating in online games

• Using ReiNX at all

Not a ban, so far:

• Homebrew

• Custom themes (as far as I can tell)

• Mods/cheating in offline games

To be safe, I would hope you had your switch sysnand on airplane mode, and also yes I would revert back to your clean nand backup to be safe.

Konako

2B Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I mean I know that you can get banned
But since I didn't get past the Atmosphere logo (meaning I didn't get to the Nintendo logo) I thought I might be safe but I still restored my clean nand
My next question now is: How can I boot in my 8.1.0 clean nand? Since my switch was on 9.0.0 it burned a new fuse and I'm unable to boot in sysnand now
And just in case by looking at a guide I did another backup of my maybe dirty 9.0.0 nand in case something could go wrong
Oh also forgot to say that I use Emunand to do my homebrew stuff and leave sysnand alone so I can play my owned game

Last edited by Konako,

xstre pwnsx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless there are newer methods available now you can't ever get into the 8.1.0 clean nand on sysnand, though I think you can boot into it off of emummc and CFW, you need a way to ignore the fuse count.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh dear, I see why you want to get into 8.1.0 on your sysnand so bad now... let me see if I can look around and find something for you, though this situation sounds bad.

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, if you restore your 8.0.1 backup on 9.0.0 it mean that you connected to the internet since you made the backup, so you will have some send telemetry mismatch if you restore anyway. one of the part that make "restore a backup after hack" a thing is that it didnt connected to the internet at all between backup and restore...

my two cents is that since you shut it down on the atmosphere boot logo it should mean that nothing have been launched horizon wise, and that your nand should still be clean
and even in the case it have some traces, as said in another answer people seem to not get banned by using homebrew only, so since you didnt event do that, you could be safe

you have two choices, both of them have their own risk :
1/ if you dont restore : will nintendo ban you if they detect any trace of cwf? (if there is, and im not sure of it, but someone more savvy will answer that)
2/ if you restore : will nintendo ban you for the received telemetry mismatch? (and in this case its certain that they will receive a telemetry mismatch)

so basically both case have a problem, but in case 1/ there is a chance that nothing suspicious registered, while in case 2/ its a certainty that it will, so personnaly if i was in your situation i wouldnt restore because for me it would be taking an additionnal minor risk, and this risk would add more force in by butt squeezing in the fear of the banhammer

ps: btw, if you restore, to update back to 9.0.0 despite the fuse count mismatch, you will need to boot into "stock sysmmc" (or something like that; and btw this boot option is basically a very minimal CFW, since 7.0.1 you cant really boot into true OFW anymore) throught hekate, booting with hekate bypass the fusecount (fusecount checking happen during the bootloading, and hekate is basically an alternate bootloader that doesnt check fusecount)

Last edited by Engezerstorung,

Konako

2B Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I think right now what I want to do is restore my 9.0.0 nand I think it's the safest method right now
But just in case I'm gonna wait a day for more answers to see what things I could do that could be safer

Konako

2B Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay so I restored my 9.0.0 sysnand backup so if I get banned or anything like that I will write it in the Nintendo Switch Hub Banning Hub & Warning

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it