Boot to Atmosphere straight from RCM?

LiamST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've picked up another Switch and successfully installed CFW etc. Now, my current Switch, boots directly into Atmosphere when I inject a payload (Fusee) but this new one goes to Hekate? I've compared the setups but can't work out why it's not doing it? It must be the Hekate config file right? Also, when I choose reboot to payload on my old Switch, it literally reboots straight back into Atmosphere whereas the other one, obviously goes to Hekate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all 😁👍🏻

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I've picked up another Switch and successfully installed CFW etc. Now, my current Switch, boots directly into Atmosphere when I inject a payload (Fusee) but this new one goes to Hekate? I've compared the setups but can't work out why it's not doing it? It must be the Hekate config file right? Also, when I choose reboot to payload on my old Switch, it literally reboots straight back into Atmosphere whereas the other one, obviously goes to Hekate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all [emoji16][emoji1303]
Because the other is using hekate payload

Reactions: bazamuffin

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Any suggestions?

Thanks all 😁👍🏻
it boots based on what payload your injecting. do you not know what payload your injecting?

LiamST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because the other is using hekate payload
Thanks for the reply. If the switch is turned off and I inject fusee, it'll still boot into Hekate. And then I have to choose to inject fusee.bin from the Hekate menu. When the switch is on and I choose to reboot the console, it'll reboot to Hekate whereas my other one will go directly into Atmosphere

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. If the switch is turned off and I inject fusee, it'll still boot into Hekate. And then I have to choose to inject fusee.bin from the Hekate menu. When the switch is on and I choose to reboot the console, it'll reboot to Hekate whereas my other one will go directly into Atmosphere
idk how the first part is possible, you literally choose the payload to inject. the 2nd part is your "reboot_payload.bin" in your atmosphere folder. if you want it to boot fusee, then download latest fusee.bin and change name to reboot_payload.bin and put in same place as old one. sounds like you used some sd setup pack with other peoples preferences, best to start fresh

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France

fusee.bin is made to launch ONE file : atmosphere\package3
it's impossible, by injecting fusee.bin, that it launches hekate. It's like saying I'm booting Windows and I'm getting Linux

what are you using to inject the poayload ? modchip (trinket, itsy bisty, etc.) ? rcmloader one ? tegrarcmgui ? rekado ? something else ?

check your setup, there is obviously a big mistake. If you inject fusee.bin, you get Atmosphere, nothing else.

maybe you're chainloading fusee.bin with hekate, then you just have to use hekate autoboot feature. In hekate_ipl.ini : autoboot=1 (you can also use nyx interface, but I don't remember where is the option). With autoboot ON, you won't see hekate (until you keep Volume- at boot) and it will launch Atmosphere. Your first Switch may be setup like this, making you believe you're not using Hekate

(You can also use hekate without fusee.bin, with fss0 method)

Reactions: medi01

LiamST

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the replies. I decided to rebuild my sd card with Atmosphere, bootloader, my tesla setuo and now it all seems to be working. I was also injecting the wrong payload using my RCM Loader - I was injecting Hekate and not Fusee! It's all working like it should be now!

My only other question, if I choose to do it. How do I boot into OFW using Hekate - I've just took out my sd card in the past?

Thanks again guys, appreciate the help.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies. I decided to rebuild my sd card with Atmosphere, bootloader, my tesla setuo and now it all seems to be working. I was also injecting the wrong payload using my RCM Loader - I was injecting Hekate and not Fusee! It's all working like it should be now!

My only other question, if I choose to do it. How do I boot into OFW using Hekate - I've just took out my sd card in the past?

you should have a hekate_ipl in the bootloader folder, default settings let you boot to stock via the launch button in hekate. if you dont have a hekate ipl then you need to download a template

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should just setup hekate, and setup the auto-boot settings to whatever you want. so when you inject your hekate payload it boots to what you want.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Download a hekate_ipl.ini file from either DeepSea or SDSetup; they will contain a launch Profile called "Stock". This is how you boot OFW via Hekate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all