OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Boot It
Wii Linux Loader
wii.gif

Boot It is a Linux loader designed for use with disc images placed on an SD card or USB Device. It bypasses the need for partitioning by allowing the user to run a disc image in almost exactly the same way as one would run a Linux live CD, with the notable exception that the user can actually make changes to the "disc" during their Linux session. It can also boot normal Linux partitions. Follow the More Info link at the bottom of this post for installation and usage information.

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 More Info
discuss.png
Discuss

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now this is nice... Just having a single file on the SD is more "clean" than making partitions and putting dirs on there
smile.gif

You can even run images from a USB drive? That's great
smile.gif
I can try Bliight using my 2GB USB Pendrive
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
How about an actual linux live dvd? The ability to run without extra storage at all (of course you wouldn't be able to make changes).
And as i understand 3x backup DVD should have greater read speed than USB (as long as it's stuck at 1.1)

neat eh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he... +1