Hacking Question Boot Emummc by default

Rhaven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm on a panic mode right now. Wanted to install incognito using Kosmos/Atmosphere and followed the sysmodule to write to Prodinfo temporarily. The question is which storage does payload (fusee-primary) booting? Sysnand or emummc? I'm aware of the config.ini for this and I've checked that the value is enabled=1. After I've run the payload, I noticed there's a diffrence in settings because I have a theme when booting to cfw(emummc) via launch in hekate. The theme looks normal but the games/nsps installed in my emummc are there. I'm confused, maybe the payload boots the cfw in Sysnand???? :( Can someone enlighten me about this. Thank you in advance.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on a panic mode right now. Wanted to install incognito using Kosmos/Atmosphere and followed the sysmodule to write to Prodinfo temporarily. The question is which storage does payload (fusee-primary) booting? Sysnand or emummc? I'm aware of the config.ini for this and I've checked that the value is enabled=1. After I've run the payload, I noticed there's a diffrence in settings because I have a theme when booting to cfw(emummc) via launch in hekate. The theme looks normal but the games/nsps installed in my emummc are there. I'm confused, maybe the payload boots the cfw in Sysnand???? :( Can someone enlighten me about this. Thank you in advance.
First off: When booting into emuMMC there should be an E next to the FW version in system settings.
Second, you can apply one of your hekate launch entries as autoboot (if you're using hekate/KOSMOS).

Rhaven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
First off: When booting into emuMMC there should be an E next to the FW version in system settings.
Second, you can apply one of your hekate launch entries as autoboot (if you're using hekate/KOSMOS).
So it means that I'm not running into emummc by that time? Isn't it config.ini you're referring to? It is set as enabled=1. Am I missing something?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So it means that I'm not running into emummc by that time? Isn't it config.ini you're referring to? It is set as enabled=1. Am I missing something?
1. How did you create your emuMMC?
2. Please post the content of your sd:\bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini here or are you really just using "bare Atmosphère"?
3. Please post the content of your sd:\emuMMC\emummc.ini here.

Rhaven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
2. Please post the content of your sd:\bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini here or are you really just using "bare Atmosphère"?
Everything is default for those config. Kosmos v13.2

Rhaven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0xb288800
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

Rhaven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What about my "1."? :)
Created 2 partitions in my sd. Then created emummc via hekate, pointed to RAW1 to enable emummc. Always booting bia launch in hekate cfw(emummc) no problem at all. I feel different when choosing to boot via payload(hekate).

Rhaven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Huh? That means CFW emuMMC is working?
I mean this is what I always do for booting. But for the sake of installing incognito, I booted my switch using payload (fusee-primary). The behavior of launching via LAUNCH and via PAYLOAD is totally different.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I'm actually having the same questions...

Here with Auto Boot to emummc CFW, emumand is enabled, I'm using emuMMC through hekate Launch option.

BUT if you instead use the Payload menu and select fusee-primary, even with emumand enabled, when it launches and you go to system you cannot see the "AMS [VERSION] E", it definitely looks like sysnand. But all my titles, the theme and configurations are definitely those from the emunand, not sysnand. I installed incognito, and can even confirm the serial number is not present, but still, the version looks like you are in sysnand.

So I'm quite unclear about if fusee-primary payload can launch Sysnand even with emunand enabled. Or if it's just a bug that removes all the affixes from the system version.

Last edited by Zkajavier,

Rhaven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm actually having the same questions...

Here with Auto Boot to emummc CFW, emumand is enabled, I'm using emuMMC through hekate Launch option.

BUT if you instead use the Payload menu and select fusee-primary, even with emumand enabled, when it launches and you go to system you cannot see the "AMS [VERSION] E", it definitely looks like sysnand. But all my titles, the theme and configurations are definitely those from the emunand, not sysnand. I installed incognito, and can even confirm the serial number is not present, but still, the version looks like you are in sysnand.

So I'm quite unclear about if fusee-primary payload can launch Sysnand even with emunand enabled. Or if it's just a bug that removes all the affixes from the system version.
Wow! this is exactly what I'm going through. I still don't have clear answers about it.

Now I'm in the middle of restoring clean nand OR hoping that my Sysnand is clear from cfw. Additionally, my fuses burnt because I updated my clean nand to latest firmware and didn't back it up(rip).

Last edited by Rhaven,

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow! this is exactly what I'm going through. I still don't have clear answers about it.

Now I'm in the middle of restoring clean nand OR hoping that my Sysnand is clear from cfw. Additionally, my fuses burnt because I updated my clean nand to latest firmware and didn't back it up(rip).
To know if you have booted in emummc or sysnand:
1) boot using hekate "launch" OR payload
2) go to settings
3) scroll down until you select system
4) here you should see your system version followed by atmosphere (AMS) version
5) if after atmosphere version (0.9.3) there is an "E" you are in emummc otherwise not.

Rhaven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
To know if you have booted in emummc or sysnand:
1) boot using hekate "launch" OR payload
2) go to settings
3) scroll down until you select system
4) here you should see your system version followed by atmosphere (AMS) version
5) if after atmosphere version (0.9.3) there is an "E" you are in emummc otherwise not.
I believed it boots on sysnand. But the question is why? Hekate should know that if emummc is enabled, it should boot to emummc first.

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believed it boots on sysnand. But the question is why? Hekate should know that if emummc is enabled, it should boot to emummc first.
Are you sure? You checked in system settings like I said? If emummc is enabled it should boot in emummc from hekate and from fusee-primary

Rhaven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Are you sure? You checked in system settings like I said? If emummc is enabled it should boot in emummc from hekate and from fusee-primary
Zkajavier posted exactly what happened to my switch. Booting using payload(fusee-primary) doesn't use emummc. Pretty sure that in setting firmware, no AMS Version|E, just firmware 8.1.0. But what's weird is that all may nsps installed are there which is residing in emummc. Hoping just a bug.

Last edited by Rhaven,

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zkajavier posted exactly what happened to my switch. Booting using payload(fusee-primary) doesn't use emummc. Pretty sure that in setting firmware, no AMS Version|E, just firmware 8.1.0. But what's weird is that all may nsps installed are there which is residing in emummc. Hoping just a bug.

Fuse primary and hekate share emummc configs at least on 0.9.2. To be sure if you are using emummc or normal mmc use a different theme for each memory. I use white for sysnand and black for emunand. Works well.

Rhaven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Fuse primary and hekate share emummc configs at least on 0.9.2. To be sure if you are using emummc or normal mmc use a different theme for each memory. I use white for sysnand and black for emunand. Works well.
Exactly what I did, my ofw is white and my emummc is black with theming. When I boot using payload(fusee-primary.bin) it booted to black theme but without my custom theme, nsps installed are there, but no AMS|E in firmware version. So confusing.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what I did, my ofw is white and my emummc is black with theming. When I boot using payload(fusee-primary.bin) it booted to black theme but without my custom theme, nsps installed are there, but no AMS|E in firmware version. So confusing.
Ams | E appears on latest atmosphere 0.9.3, older versions don't show anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1