Gaming Boktai 1 + 2

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Just read a few reviews of Boktai 1 and 2 and it seems that some sort of device to measure light was included with the original game and is central to the gameplay.

Does anyone know how these games play on an emulator or a flash cart?

Thanks in advance!

muhamad520

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a modified rom you could hold L or R with the directional pad to gain sunlight i tried this for boktai 3 not sure if it works on ONE OR 2WO

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have to play them before Lunar Knights?
Knowing Hideo and his studio, you miss something of the saga story and you are lost.

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Lunar Knights isn't realy a sequel. It's a complete new game in the same universe.

My favorite boktai game is the first one, had so much fun with it. I don't like Lunar Knights, to much linear, no stealth, no sun sensor and way more dungeon oriented.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Just read a few reviews of Boktai 1 and 2 and it seems that some sort of device to measure light was included with the original game and is central to the gameplay.

Does anyone know how these games play on an emulator or a flash cart?

Thanks in advance!

You can try no$gba 2.3c because it have Solar Sensor Level built in it so maybe you need unpatch games to test it. I am curious..can you test and have a feedback on it for us ?
smile.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Lunar Knights isn't realy a sequel. It's a complete new game in the same universe.

My favorite boktai game is the first one, had so much fun with it. I don't like Lunar Knights, to much linear, no stealth, no sun sensor and way more dungeon oriented.

I think the guy is Lunar Knights is Django's son. There worth playing before Lunar IMO as there both great great games on their own.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody want to test this with no$gba because of Solar Sensor Level built in it. I want to know if those two will works without a patch on this precious emulator ?
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only tried boktai 1 so far (and even then not that extensively) but it appears to work fine, 100 Watts registers as three bars (out of 8) the other two represent the extremes.

I just used a version straight from the site, no bios or anything. Clean rom (OLL verified).

PS Great how it read my system clock for the real time clock.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rising sun releases both have the Light patch.

so if i get the rising sun releases of the games, they'll b prepatched?

It will works but this emulator can play unpatched ones like a real carts on the real gba so I think it is better if you use unpatched clean up and not the patched ones.
smile.gif

The patched ones are good for VisualBoyAdvance because it didnt emulated sensors like no$gba does!
biggrin.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im planning on puttin it on my G6 so i need it patched

how dows the no$gba play it without the patch?!?

If that is what you are doing then you need this patched, perhaps.

I already mentioned in the page 1. I will say it again: The no$gba 2.3c has Solar Sensor Level built in it and it just released on 2.3c for the first time. It's working great! VisualBoyAdvance emulator doesnt have solar sensor level built in it so that why you have to have patched already.

Edit: QUOTEFAST6191 quotes: PS Great how it read my system clock for the real time clock.

The patched wont show up like that in visualboyadvance emulator because patched was done. Use no$gba 2.3c and it is great and feel like a real GBA!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: