Boktai 1, 2 and 3 on gpSP kai 4.2

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Daryian, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Daryian
    OP

Daryian Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2014
    United States
    I have tried and tried and tried all week... No luck. Does anyone know how to make these games work on the PSP? I've heard to switch to 0.7, but i can't find a link for that early of a version. Anyone know some insider tricks to make this game run? I've already patched them and everything, I just get the "Solar pack is broken" popup.

2. Daryian
    OP

Daryian Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2014
    United States
    Bump

3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I think I played one of those on the latest uo gpsp kai release. and it works at least for the first castle

you'd need to patch them though so you can change light intensity

you sure you patched them properly?

4. Daryian
    OP

Daryian Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2014
    United States
    Positive. Clean dumps and everything. I'd most specifically like to get boktai 1 running. From what I hear, the RTC is wat causes the game to create the 'solar pack broken' pop up that prevents me from playing. Oddly enough, I got it to run for a small amount of time before it did this to me, and the solar patch works fine. I've tried redownloading from different sites and repatching. Still get that popup.

5. Daryian
    OP

Daryian Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2014
    United States
    I have heard Prof. 9 has a patch for this problem, but the DL link is broken.

6. Daryian
    OP

Daryian Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2014
    United States
    I'm not opposed to doing it myself, either. I have background in coding, I just need to know where to start.

7. monodevil

monodevil Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Are you still looking for the 0.7b patch for botai 3, I still have it if you need it?(I'm glad I like to hord old files)