Homebrew body_LZ.bin textures

roflmuffin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I am working on a tool that will let me extract the images from 3ds themes (body_LZ.bin) but I am a bit stuck.
I am using the code from EveryFileExplorer as a guide (here) and have successfully obtained the top screen texture offset (0xD0). I then read the next (256*512) * 2 bytes but always end up with a data file that when loaded into GIMP in RGB565 looks muddled.

I can't seem to see what else I need to do except for that. I am reading from an uncompressed bin file.
I've attached the bin file, expected output, and the output I receive. Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• theme.zip
    238.7 KB · Views: 280

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I am working on a tool that will let me extract the images from 3ds themes (body_LZ.bin) but I am a bit stuck.
I am using the code from EveryFileExplorer as a guide (here) and have successfully obtained the top screen texture offset (0xD0). I then read the next (256*512) * 2 bytes but always end up with a data file that when loaded into GIMP in RGB565 looks muddled.

I can't seem to see what else I need to do except for that. I am reading from an uncompressed bin file.
I've attached the bin file, expected output, and the output I receive. Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.
Isnt this already a function in Usagi?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb