Hacking blurry nintendo logo at gba start up

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just started using my edge and EZ V 3in1 today so im not completely familiar with how it works yet.

ive been playing a rom on my computer for a while, a pokemon fire red hack. after getting the gba exploader onto my edge along with the .gba file i tried playing it. two folders were made GBA_SAVE and GBA_SIGN. i moved the .sav to GBA_SAVE and found that it comes up when choosing the game. after the loading to RAM bar fills up i get the usual gba screen, except the nintendo logo is blurry and i cant actually play the game.

any suggestions?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djjomon said:
i just started using my edge and EZ V 3in1 today so im not completely familiar with how it works yet.

ive been playing a rom on my computer for a while, a pokemon fire red hack. after getting the gba exploader onto my edge along with the .gba file i tried playing it. two folders were made GBA_SAVE and GBA_SIGN. i moved the .sav to GBA_SAVE and found that it comes up when choosing the game. after the loading to RAM bar fills up i get the usual gba screen, except the nintendo logo is blurry and i cant actually play the game.

any suggestions?

patch the rom header (fix header) with gbata rom tool
smile.gif

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
patch the rom header (fix header) with gbata rom tool
smile.gif
not sure how to do that but ill try to figure it out. i do have gbata at least

edit: yea, no idea how to patch it

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i fixed the header and patched the SRAM while i was at it. still doesnt work

edit: i was doing it wrong, i got it to work. now to get my save file to load.

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one problem seems to lead to another. the game finally loads, but even though it sees my save file under the SRAM menus when i start the game it goes straight to a new game. ill play around and see what happens

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
djjomon said:
one problem seems to lead to another. the game finally loads, but even though it sees my save file under the SRAM menus when i start the game it goes straight to a new game. ill play around and see what happens
Are you just dragging and dropping the save file your emulator uses? Some emulators have an option to export a save file back to it's original format (in VBA, load FireRed, then go to File>export>battery file), so give that a try if you haven't already.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, looks like it's fiddly but possible. Follow these instructions, except for Ruby you need to set the GBA save type to Flash128K in step 3, then keep going up to the end of step 4 (the file chucked out by this VBA converter should be okay for a flashcart too. Possibly.).

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG it worked! i doubted that it would work b/c im using a flashcart and not VBA but i tried it anyway. thank you so much psyfira! (sorry if i sound like a clueless noob, altho i kinda am one). now to make sure it saves to SRAM, id rather not use NOR.

edit: meh NOR is good enough for me until i get better with this

edit2: i figured out how to get it keep my save on SRAM
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.