Blue screen of death

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Yu-Gi-Oh 100, Mar 1, 2011.

Mar 1, 2011

Blue screen of death by Yu-Gi-Oh 100 at 7:32 AM (726 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Yu-Gi-Oh 100
    OP

Member Yu-Gi-Oh 100 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ive seen alot of people online posting problems with their wii not booting up, and i recently had something like it although all i see is a blue screen with nothing. Im not even sure this can be fixed, because i saw a way to fix it requiring you to use a game cube controller to boot up the recovery system on the console. I tried it and of course the damned thing doesn't work for me for some reason, and i think it's because it's showing me a blue screen instead of another error that makes the screen black instead. I already called nintendo, so i can ship the system back to them to see if they can repair it anytime. If there is a way of actually fixing this i would rather do that instead of wasting time sending it away, and waiting 2 weeks for them to mostly likely fix it the same way..

2. Donkey Plonk

Member Donkey Plonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Blue screen? whats that Error #003 or nothing? In which case it probably is a black screen but your tv probably displays a blue screen instead when there is no signal

3. Yu-Gi-Oh 100
    OP

United States
    i guess i tried that game cube fix thing and it does not work for me, so is this thing fixable? Also i saw something on the net about replacing the blue tooth module to fix the black screen of death.

4. Donkey Plonk

United Kingdom
    Its probably fixable but since you can't even deduce if its an actual black screen error its gonna be hard.

Try on a different tv first and confirm this is a black screen, if so aswell, try the recovery menu on that tv, your tv may just not be refreshing the screen quick enough or some shit and it may not be showing up when as far as the console is concerned it is.
    To get the recovery menu, its not just having a gamecube control plugged in, you need to take apart the controller and press all 4 d pad buttons at once, holding whilst powering on the wii. And I believe its only control port 4, but can't remember exactly if thats right or not.

Black screens could be one of a few things: -
    1) Bad video/AV cable or bad video/AV connectors
    2) Softmod problem (did this happen when you installed something?). This can usually be fixed but depends on how you bricked it and what tools you have/whether a backup has been made.
    3) Bluetooth Module Died
    4) Wifi Module Died
    5) Some other Motherboard related issue. Speak to nintendo provided you haven't modded.

5. Yu-Gi-Oh 100
    OP

United States
    I dont understand what happened all i did was install the shop channel, and after that it didn't come on again. I can only turn my system on with the remote, so i dont think anything is wrong with the bluetooth.

6. Donkey Plonk

United Kingdom
    How exactly did you install the shop channel?
    You've bricked it in that case. Let me guess, you did a wad install of it and to download it you just googled wii shop channel and downloaded it somewhere.
    The correct way is to use either dop-mii or nus downloader