Gaming Blue Screen/Black and White Stripes

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My almost 1 year-old Gateway laptop is having problems with starting up and shutting down, specifically blue screens and also black and white stripes screens. I have no idea why my laptop is behaving that way at start-up and shut-down, but I can rule out that it is not a problem related to viruses. When I first had my laptop for the first few months, none of these problems occurred until after half a year did I encounter them. I started to have these problems probably 2 months ago, but they hardly occurred.

The very first time when my laptop had this problem was that it had a problem with freezing at shut-down. I would be able to go to the start menu and press the "Shut Down" button, but whenever it gets to the screen where it says "Shutting down..." it freezes and never shuts down. I also noticed that the laptop was very hot. I've had this problem probably about 3-5 times already.

I've tried cleaning my laptop with CCleaner, but it doesn't change anything.

If it helps, my laptop has a 500 GB Hamachi hard drive. Well, some time ago, I briefly read something about Hamachi hard drives are renowned for hard drive problems/failures. Does the hard drive have anything to do with the causes of the blue screens, as well as the black and white stripes screens?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because these problems are occurring almost every week now.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing your laptop has dedicated graphics, weird lines on your screen and overheating are pretty classic signs. If you're comfortable to do it yourself then you can follow a dissasembly guide and replace the thermal paste between the card and the heat sink or find out if it's blown or not.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing your laptop has dedicated graphics, weird lines on your screen and overheating are pretty classic signs. If you're comfortable to do it yourself then you can follow a dissasembly guide and replace the thermal paste between the card and the heat sink or find out if it's blown or not.

By dedicated graphics card, do you mean a separate graphics card of its own? I forgot to mention that my laptop has an AMD A6-3400M APU with an integrated graphics card.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
If the integrated GPU is failing then you can't really replace it and you'd have to try and heat gun it, my advice is to get it replaced under the warranty if it's under a year old.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't be sure it's the card since it could be a driver problem or something else entirely but if it is then it won't be in the long run. If it's the hard drive then worse comes to the worse you can buy another and clone the old one, I'd make sure you've backed up everything in case it dies suddenly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: