Hacking Blue light blips on for a second and turns off (no popping noise)

WaywardDani

OP
Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I have been homebrewing my 3ds for a few years and this is the first time I haven't been able to solve this issue. I've had it happen before, due to having the wrong version of boot.firm on my sd card. This isn't the issue this time around. I followed the guide at 3ds.hacks.guide to set them both up. Both my micro sd cards are from in-person retailers, and I've run them through h2test with no problems. I've backed up my files and reformatted the sd cards with guiformat and copied my backup back onto them. I tested my sd card on a system with the exact same CFW installed and it boots up just fine. I've tested my system with the working sd card from the other one, and I just got the same single blue flash. Heck, I've even replaced the sd card reader on my 3ds. There is no popping noise when my 3ds briefly flashes the light either. The only thing I've gotten to work (twice in the couple of hours I've been repeating it over and over) is to shove the sd card in all the way, past the click, and holding it there as hard as I can with my nail. From there it boots okay, but I can't keep it there long enough to do anything of substance. I simply can't think of anything else to do.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

lilyuwuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My recommendation would be to make godmode9 your boot.firm and then do whatever work you need to do from there (copy Luma to ctrnand, for example) with the hopefully added flexibility of being able to mount/remount the sd card while remaining in gm9. My best guess would be that the sd slot is still screwy / it was improperly reinstalled.

WaywardDani

OP
Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
United States
My recommendation would be to make godmode9 your boot.firm and then do whatever work you need to do from there (copy Luma to ctrnand, for example) with the hopefully added flexibility of being able to mount/remount the sd card while remaining in gm9. My best guess would be that the sd slot is still screwy / it was improperly reinstalled.
I will try that and let you know if it works, thanks!

----
Edit: Reconnected the sd card slot and blew air into the ribbon cable slot. Made the most recent version of gm9 my boot.firm. Neither changed the outcome at all.

Not gonna lie, at this point I might just buy a new motherboard. I have no clue what the problem could be and I'm extremely skeptical that it's an issue with my sd card because I have gotten it to successfully boot those two times. It worked as long as I could hold the sd card in. I genuinely have zero clue as to what the issue could be, and since I can't get it to boot again I don't know how I could fix anything on the ctrNAND side.

Last edited by WaywardDani,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM