Hardware Blue Led Matrix Controller - Dpad L Not Working

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just posted this same thread at xbox-scene, seeing if you lovely people have any ideas too.

So I've been case- and LED-modding all of my controllers recently out of boredom, and I've got some really neat stuff going, but this one controller is a pain in the ass. It's an older Matrix wireless controller, which I've successfully installed blue 0603s on, yet for some reason the left side of the dpad does not work anymore.

I've tried multiple things to get it to work that did indeed work on the other directions just fine, but left continues to not work for me. I've repositioned the button pad, replaced the button pad altogether (and tried other directions domes on it), tried activating it with a piece of aluminum foil, also with a piece of copper wire, and cleaning the button contact.

Results are the same whether running off of a 2x AA battery pack or the Play and Charge kit with no battery pack. All of these have been tested with the pcb out of the shell so I can be sure I'm not misaligning anything - I cant see anything glaringly obvious that would prove this to be user error.

I'm at a bit of a loss :/ any clue what's going on with this? I moreso use these controllers on my computer than my 360, but on either one the problem persists.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Adran_Marit @ Adran_Marit:
    second hand which is nuts as when the 3070 came out here that's how much it was new at the time
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I
    f you have tech that can decently run games don't buy anything yet wait a year or two
    I just got a core build upgrade, minus gpu due to price, will be running my GTX780 until I can afford an upgrade
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Prices are up because of bots and
    shortages it'll die down with a year or two
    Yeah I imagine there will be a short period where prices are low then the next series will come out and low and behold have high prices again
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Today's games look just fine at 1080 with decent 60fos unless you have disposable income it's not really worth it
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Probably won't be that long until theirs 4k capable apus around $400
  • PeeJay Bonobo @ PeeJay Bonobo:
    And I'm here stuck with my 3800X (though I need to plan if I want to upgrade to a 5900X) and an RX 5700 (XT BIOS).
  • p1ngpong @ p1ngpong:
    DEAD
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    ALIVE
  • Slluxx @ Slluxx:
    oh wow, chat available from any where, nice
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    Are scalpers still scalping PS5s? If no, might plan on getting one soonish.
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Glad I got my 3080 at retail price
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Weird got a reCaptcha check by
    refreshing the page
  • Rob_Boates @ Rob_Boates:
    ill never understand how this chat works
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Do you even chat bro?
  • tsao @ tsao:
    no
    i only chat with certified cool dudes
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    that color is unreadable without highlighting the text
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    it is, however, readable in dark mode :wtf:
    it's the colour i use on twitch for my username because it's my favourite colour, the camoflauge is an added benefit :)
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    Is that so
    RedoLane @ RedoLane: Is that so