Hacking Blue Gateway trying to play DS games

Niwa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I'm trying to place damn Advance Wars Dual Strike on my 3DS using the blue gateway flash cart.

I've got the Red card working, installed launcher.dat, flashnvd, backup.

Whenever I insert the blue gateway and execute the icon, it gives me a message saying "an error has occurred, please reboot etc."

What do?

3DS XL A Link Between Two Worlds - GW3D 9.7.0-25U | 3DS System was 9.2.0.

D

Deleted User

Blue card is blocked on later FW revisions.

You'll need to install the bluecardfix.cia from GW's 3.2.1 download and you should be able to use the blue card again.

Reactions: Margen67

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I read the changelog of bluecard is using wood kernel v1.56. The latest wood kernel is v1.62. Can the bluecard be upgrade to v1.62 from official wood r4 kernel website, any benefit that it may have?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I read the changelog of bluecard is using wood kernel v1.56. The latest wood kernel is v1.62. Can the bluecard be upgrade to v1.62 from official wood r4 kernel website, any benefit that it may have?

You can try this http://www.ace3ds.com/ace-3ds-download.html
The Blue Card is an Ace3DS clone so the kernel from there should work.
The official Wood R4 kernel won't work since the cart is using an unofficial modded version of Wood, like any other flashcart except the R4i Gold, original R4 and R4iDSN.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't be upgraded from the official website, but if you browse the forums, someone made a version of 1.62 that does work on the bluecard.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can try this http://www.ace3ds.com/ace-3ds-download.html
The Blue Card is an Ace3DS clone so the kernel from there should work.

you are not answering my question. I know bunch of other reputable R4 card exist in the market. I'm asking whether its possible or not. It's not a big deal for me if its not, just wanna know.

It can't be upgraded from the official website, but if you browse the forums, someone made a version of 1.62 that does work on the bluecard.

thanks for the clarification

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
you are not answering my question. I know bunch of other reputable R4 card exist in the market. I'm asking whether its possible or not. It's not a big deal for me if its not, just wanna know.

thanks for the clarification

Well I did sorta answer your question. There is a download to 1.62 on the page I linked.
But I guess blindseer's link is more likely to work :)

Niwa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue card is blocked on later FW revisions.

You'll need to install the bluecardfix.cia from GW's 3.2.1 download and you should be able to use the blue card again.

How do I install the fix? I have the file already.

This is the direct link to it.

Tried it, didn't work. Maybe if I apply the bluecardfix.cia somehow, it'll work?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install the fix? I have the file already.

Tried it, didn't work. Maybe if I apply the bluecardfix.cia somehow, it'll work?
Yeah, the wood firmware only expands nds compatibily game wise, you need the bluecardfix to enable the blue card above 6.x fw.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I install it?

Put devmenu on your red card microsd

On an original 3DS XL, just load gateway 3.2.1 in sysnand (hold L while starting the exploit to go to the gateway menu, then hold B, and press A while still holding B)

Open the multirom loader and start devmenu, then use that to install the bluecardfix.cia

Niwa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put devmenu on your red card microsd

On an original 3DS XL, just load gateway 3.2.1 in sysnand (hold L while starting the exploit to go to the gateway menu, then hold B, and press A while still holding B)

Open the multirom loader and start devmenu, then use that to install the bluecardfix.cia

Did that. After installing the bluecardfix.cia, I exited out devmenu, took out red card, put in blue card, execute blue card, stuck in black screen?
Restart 3ds, boot blue card, still gives me error message. Wut?

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just found out about this after digging through google. for GW Blue upgrade

Functions
1.DSI skin imitated,choose a icon just by tapping left/right botton
2.wood 1.62 for NDS game support.
3.Moonshell2.10 with full function supported
4.Emulators supported

Multikernel for GW Blue v1.02
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...lue-Card-(Fully-compatible-with-GW-Omega-2-1)

haven't tested it yet but it seems cool

Reactions: blindseer

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Functions
4.Emulators supported

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...lue-Card-(Fully-compatible-with-GW-Omega-2-1)

I was trying to find that multikernel yesterday but all the links were dead that I could find, so thanks. Now to test it out.

Niwa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Functions
4.Emulators supported

I cleaned my MicroSD card and put the files in that link. Instead of getting the ""an error has occurred, please reboot etc." message, I now get a black screen saying SD/TF card error. Wut?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did that. After installing the bluecardfix.cia, I exited out devmenu, took out red card, put in blue card, execute blue card, stuck in black screen?
Restart 3ds, boot blue card, still gives me error message. Wut?

You installed while in sysnand gateway mode correct?
And if you reboot the system and try the blue card without launching gateway mode, it doesn't work? You can't use the blue card in gateway mode as far as I know. For sure you can't launch it in emunand.

Niwa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You installed while in sysnand gateway mode correct?
And if you reboot the system and try the blue card without launching gateway mode, it doesn't work? You can't use the blue card in gateway mode as far as I know. For sure you can't launch it in emunand.

Err.... when I try to boot in gateway sysnand (hold , it takes me back to the home screen. Then I went to devmenu, install the bluefix.cia.

Reboot, insert blue card, boot blue card, it went to a white screen with black borders (left and right) then goes black with SD/TF card error.

This is so confusing...

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Err.... when I try to boot in gateway sysnand (hold , it takes me back to the home screen. Then I went to devmenu, install the bluefix.cia.

Reboot, insert blue card, boot blue card, it went to a white screen with black borders (left and right) then goes black with SD/TF card error.

This is so confusing...

Then maybe it's your sd card? Either format your sd to fat32 (I don't know how much capacity it can take, I just have a 2gb) and put the blue card contents on it and try to load it again, or try with another sd card. You're sure you have the right files and folders on the card? (_dsmenu.dat, _rpg folder, etc.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.