Blue Gateway on Gateway 3.7.1 emuNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by chango, Feb 17, 2016.

1. chango
    OP

chango GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Syria
    Hey all,

I know there is a massive thread concerning the use of old DS flashcarts on 3DS, but after searching through it I wasn't able to find any information that I'm looking for.

I am using a Gateway 3.7.1 on a EUR N3DS emuNAND 10.5E with CTRbootmanager autobooting gw.3dsx from a 9.0E sysNAND.

I was wondering if there is any way to use the blue Gateway card in emuNAND now that Gateway has the ability to change between Gateway mode and Classic Mode on the fly.

I also have not seen any full explanation of what the new modes are exactly. There's Classic sysNAND, sysNAND 7.x -, and sysNAND 7.x+.

If I switch it over to Classic sysNAND, when I insert the blue Gateway card while I'm still in emuNAND, the Deep Labyrinth cartridge logo appears and I can launch it. Unfortunately, it goes to a black screen and crashes at this point. But upon hard power cycling the N3DS, I received a system notification about what features are not available when playing DS games on 3DS.

So my question to you all: Is it in any way possible to use the blue Gateway card in emuNAND using any combination of the new Gateway menu options and flashcardtimewarp.cia? Has anybody experimented with the new features and found anything interesting? And is DSi software still impossible on Gateway without using a separate SD card to use CFW?

My wish is to have an all-in-one solution with everything taking place in emuNAND. My N3DS never loses power unless I have to hard power cycle when homebrew crashes. I never boot into sysNAND. My Gateway3DS cartridge is always in the N3DS. I know booting original DS games off the red Gateway cartridge will always be an impossibility, but if I can run DS games on the blue Gateway cartridge it would be as close to absolutely perfect as will ever be possible on this platform.

Thanks in advance for reading!

Last edited by chango, Feb 17, 2016
  2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Just bypass menuhax and load the blue card on sysnand

3. chango
    OP

chango GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Syria
    I'm aware this is possible but this is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. It also does not read the card in my sysNAND, I have 9.0E.

4. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Well without switching to another cfw other than GW it's the only option

5. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    You're on 10.6? Ooh do tell us what Ninty patched!:P

AFAIK, DS carts dont work in GW emuNAND.

6. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Haha I saw that and decided to be nice

7. chango
    OP

chango GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Syria
    I figured that was the case. This is unfortunate. So the new classic sysnand / sysnand 7.x- and 7.x+ options that were introduced in 3.7.1 do not have any effect on this impediment? Why does it now read the DS card and show the cartridge logo when its inserted?

Last edited by chango, Feb 17, 2016
  8. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    I couldn't answer your question but I know for a fact they dont run DS carts. I had to use ReiNAND or rxTools(eugh) to run them. Pain in the arse I know.

9. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    You can try using @Apache Thunder ds Cia and maybe that will work

10. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Gateway mode still breaks reboot into TWL_FIRM last I checked. You'll need a different CFW for AGB/TWL stuff. (though their classic mode has underwent a lot of changes. "Maybe" it works there. Does their classic mode finally allow unsigned CIAs?)

Ronhero likes this.
  11. cid xiv

cid xiv Banned

Banned
    Nov 27, 2015
    nope gateway is still being slack, its now working on there lastest build

12. chango
    OP

chango GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Syria
    Now working or NOT working?

13. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    It's not working. The last post is worded horribly

cid xiv likes this.
  14. cid xiv

cid xiv Banned

Banned
    Nov 27, 2015
    youre worded fucken improperly mate
    nah man i miss typed its still not working, gateway is slack as fuck in the sence that the cfw have alot of things we dont

15. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Yup; it's been an ongoing joke that became my online handle