Fulcaire

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, sorry for a noob question but I've never used the Blue Gateway Card once after initial installation of the Gateway exploit on my old 3DS.

I am aware it plays DS roms but it deletes the Gateway exploit after you use it right and you would have to install the exploit again?
How would this work for the New 3DS with the OOT exploit?

I know I can install the timewarp.cia to make it work on my 3DS but do I run it through sysnand or emunand? And will it delete my emunand and the whole gateway exploit? How would I go about reinstalling the exploit again?

To me I can't see what exploit it will delete cause I have to reuse the OOT exploit over and over so for the N3DS is there really anything it will delete?

Thanks guys.

Reactions: Margen67

koziakauzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Use a different SD card ( no emunand), dont forget to put launcher.dat on it, bigbluemenu (.3ds) on GW red card SD then launch GW mode, press select and install the cia from there. ( be careful you will be on sysnand). Once done, replace the SD card with the one containing emunand.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey everyone, sorry for a noob question but I've never used the Blue Gateway Card once after initial installation of the Gateway exploit on my old 3DS.

I am aware it plays DS roms but it deletes the Gateway exploit after you use it right and you would have to install the exploit again?
How would this work for the New 3DS with the OOT exploit?

I know I can install the timewarp.cia to make it work on my 3DS but do I run it through sysnand or emunand? And will it delete my emunand and the whole gateway exploit? How would I go about reinstalling the exploit again?

To me I can't see what exploit it will delete cause I have to reuse the OOT exploit over and over so for the N3DS is there really anything it will delete?

Thanks guys.

Let's clear up some confusion: The only exploit that gets "deleted" is when you play a DS game on an old 3DS, that's on 4.x using the profile hack. The New 3DS does not have this exploit, so running DS games will not delete anything, and thus not affect Ocarina of Time.

Now, for the timewarp: You install it to your system NAND in Gateway mode; this means you have to boot Gateway mode with a Micro SD card in your New 3DS that does not contain an emuNAND. Before doing this, I highly suggest making a NAND backup so you can undo it later if you need to. Also, one caveat, if you have a Japanese N3DS on 8.1.0-0, you will not be able to install the timewarp right now, since sysNAND GW mode does not currently show the multi-rom menu (meaning you can't run devMenu).

Reactions: Fulcaire

Fulcaire

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use a different SD card ( no emunand), dont forget to put launcher.dat on it, bigbluemenu (.3ds) on GW red card SD then launch GW mode, press select and install the cia from there. ( be careful you will be on sysnand). Once done, replace the SD card with the one containing emunand.

Let's clear up some confusion: The only exploit that gets "deleted" is when you play a DS game on an old 3DS, that's on 4.x using the profile hack. The New 3DS does not have this exploit, so running DS games will not delete anything, and thus not affect Ocarina of Time.

Now, for the timewarp: You install it to your system NAND in Gateway mode; this means you have to boot Gateway mode with a Micro SD card in your New 3DS that does not contain an emuNAND. Before doing this, I highly suggest making a NAND backup so you can undo it later if you need to. Also, one caveat, if you have a Japanese N3DS on 8.1.0-0, you will not be able to install the timewarp right now, since sysNAND GW mode does not currently show the multi-rom menu (meaning you can't run devMenu).

Awesome, thank you guys for the helpful info. Will try it later tonight. Now the other question is have you guys or anyone reading this installed the timewarp on a N3DS yet? Fully compatible, any issues reported? Since it messes with sysnand I'm very wary of doing this now... I don't think its possible to restore sysnand at this point for the new 3DS is there? besides hard modding involving soldering and etc.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Awesome, thank you guys for the helpful info. Will try it later tonight. Now the other question is have you guys or anyone reading this installed the timewarp on a N3DS yet? Fully compatible, any issues reported? Since it messes with sysnand I'm very wary of doing this now... I don't think its possible to restore sysnand at this point for the new 3DS is there? besides hard modding involving soldering and etc.
works fine

koziakauzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

Installed it a couple of days ago on my N3DS, played several NDS games, no issues so far.

(no sysnand backup for me, was lazy to do it..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I use to have a guy for that thanks richard