Homebrew Homebrew app Bloopair: Connect Controllers from other Consoles natively

ISkyeDawnI

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would like to contribute something that happened to me when trying to link my Xbox One S control with Bloopair, I could not link it to the Wii U, I tried everything including going back to previous versions of Bloopair, but I realized that my Xbox One control had it Updated a few days earlier, so I looked up how to go back to a previous version of the controller and when I was done I was able to link my Xbox One controller.

So I concluded that Xbox One Controller Firmware updates affect how Bloopair works.

Excuse my English, I used a translator to be able to communicate this error to you and to be able to help those who have this problem.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-25 at 1.40.26 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-25 at 1.40.26 AM.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 81
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-01-25 at 1.41.36 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-25 at 1.41.36 AM.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: AQS

Sergio1227

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
I have a weird question, is it possible to emulate a wiimote?
Once you connect a controller it recognizes it as a pro control, is possible to make the system think it is a wiimote?
I need one more wiimote to play Nintendo land 😂

Sergio1227

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
I have a weird question, is it possible to emulate a wiimote?
Once you connect a controller it recognizes it as a pro control, is possible to make the system think it is a wiimote?
I need one more wiimote to play Nintendo land 😂

pressplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You have to go back to the previous version of firmware, there are tutorials on how to do it not difficult.
Thanks. It worked like a charm. The downgrade procedure is simple but the tool seems to be a little buggy... Nevertheless after a couple of tries it went well. Problem solved (even if still a feedback for the developer).

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking, could this work on vWii mode? I’m thinking this method could let Wii games running on vWii that support classic controller to recognize PS4 or Switch controllers.

P.S. I’m aware you can inject a Wii game to the WiiU but I prefer to use vWii seperately.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So first I was bummed that 8bitdo controllers this thing would be GREAT for would not be supported because they are not listed, but soon after realized that they have Xinput and switch modes, out of which either or should work. I was right in my first test successfully pairing a Mega Drive conversion kit 8bitdo controller to my Wii U in Xinput mode.

But; realizing my controllers are in wrong order to test stuff I went to open the Wii U's native controller options screen and "Change order" screen. This screen usually turns off other controllers but the gamepad to let you reconnect them in correct order, IIRC quite much how Switch does it, but it just outright crashed (Hanged with the loading sound and frozen loading screen) so, I think bloopair has accidentally or purposefully broken this screen.

I know how complex these things can be and Wii U does not have the scene Switch does but this could be one fix made, IF it can be made. Otherwise great work, I try out few more pads I have but initially it seems among PS3 pads 8bitdo pads seem to work, if used in Xinput mode.
One controller I tested in switch mode paired, but did not otherwise work (No inputs registered, that is).

All in all, given that 8bitdo's lineup kinda accidentally works thanks to their old standard xbox bluetooth compatibility, this is one of greatest things for Wii U in while and makes retroarch on it more of a dream, along other things like Super Mario Wii U with 4 or 5 people etc.

Also, how possible is adding wired controller support for arcade sticks and such? I know this is not a high priority likely and what Bloop does is already impressive and nice given how many different controllers I have.

Last edited by Sumea,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GaryOderNichts , still having some trouble with the dual sense. at random, it disconnects. it doesn't happen very often, but it will say that the controller has disconnected on the screen. it happens maybe once a week or perhaps a little more than that. also, R2, for roll, in dkc tropical freeze -- there's a delay between each button press making consecutive or constant rolling virtually impossible. I don't have that issue with the original pro controller, at least most of the time. it's almost perfect, just those two minor things.

Shanez1215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Tiramisu version support Power-A controllers where vendor/product ID's are both 0? It seemed to be working on an experimental build I found on the GitHub (using Haxchii) but the new version doesn't work.

Edit: Nevermind, I wasn't syncing correctly. It works now. Thank you!

Last edited by Shanez1215,

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, would it be possible to make bloopair work with Haxchi? Is it linked to tiramisu "only"?
Also, being able to connect a wired Standart PS2/PS3 controller to wiiu would be so nice via usb adapter ;)
(adapter for ps2 controller exists for 1€, you will contribute to RECYCLING on the planet and GLOBAL HEATING).
To all : There should be a Nobel prize in Recycling domain :-)
Please ALL....BLAME NINTENDO/SONY/MICROSOFT for not making all controllers work on every machines!!!!
Maybe someone can make a JPEG that we all can share so things change!! ;-)

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, would it be possible to make bloopair work with Haxchi? Is it linked to tiramisu "only"?
Also, being able to connect a wired Standart PS2/PS3 controller to wiiu would be so nice via usb adapter ;)
(adapter for ps2 controller exists for 1€, you will contribute to RECYCLING on the planet and GLOBAL HEATING).
To all : There should be a Nobel prize in Recycling domain :-)
Please ALL....BLAME NINTENDO/SONY/MICROSOFT for not making all controllers work on every machines!!!!
Maybe someone can make a JPEG that we all can share so things change!! ;-)
Yes because of how different they are from each other. It's not impossible but won't be done as Tiramisu will be the new standard.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
R2, for roll, in dkc tropical freeze -- there's a delay between each button press making consecutive or constant rolling virtually impossible. I don't have that issue with the original pro controller, at least most of the time. it's almost perfect, just those two minor things.
I'm not sure what could be causing this. It might be due to converting analog triggers -> digital buttons?
The DualSense already "emulates" digital R2 and L2 in the button fields, which Bloopair just uses.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what could be causing this. It might be due to converting analog triggers -> digital buttons?
The DualSense already "emulates" digital R2 and L2 in the button fields, which Bloopair just uses.
not sure, but there's a slight delay or I don't know how to time it correctly with the controller. I have no issues with the original pro controller though. it's pretty difficult to do constant rolls or dash with rambi continously due to this. 2-2 in tropical freeze is especially difficult, because the ground collapses at one point, and you have to keep dashing. I think I've got the hang of it by pressing the button at certain points, but it's never a constant dash. so far that's the only game that has this trouble, because the other games I play don't have these mechanics. I think the r2 and l2 buttons may be adaptive, because ratchet and clank on the ps5 -- the buttons feel different depending on which gun you use. it takes a bit of getting used to, but I think it's pretty creative. :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bippity-boppity-bloopair, I think I've gotten the hang of using R2 with the dualsense. nm, about that issue, I think I've got the hang of it, it's slightly different from the pro controller. :D

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

trogdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the GameCube style Switch wireless controllers with Bloopair? Could be a good alternative to a wavebird for Nintendont

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: