Homebrew Homebrew app Bloopair: Connect Controllers from other Consoles natively

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Posting again since my original comment got lost in temp mode: I tested my version 2 PS4 controller and it worked great, it even works for Retroarch. It turns off when launching Breath of the Wild, but pressing the PS button turns it back on, no other game that I tested had any issues, also pressing the PS button during gameplay brings up the Wii U menu.
That's Breath of the Wild's fault. It shuts off all Bluetooth controllers on startup. Can confirm, I have an official Pro Controller.

Gunstorm

xD
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Brazil
No, they're 2 different bluetooth devices.
I dont know if there is a code here that can help recognizr both as 1

Those drivers help to conect it on windows
https://github.com/Davidobot/BetterJoy
But after install a specific driver the software recognize it as a single device

A full video explaining the process on windows

I know that you dont ask for it but, i wonder that can help you and thanks a lot for your attention

AMIdDST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Very good work, indeed.

I'm wondering, could it possible to emulate joycons to work as wiimotes? I really don't wanna be buying costly wiimotes just to play Nintendo Land. : D

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found an issue, virtual console games work, but the console freezes when closing the game. Tested it a few times and the games always freeze when Bloopair is active, nothing else seems to be affected.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just found an issue, virtual console games work, but the console freezes when closing the game. Tested it a few times and the games always freeze when Bloopair is active, nothing else seems to be affected.
Ugh, so many people are having this issue and I just can't reproduce it...

Edit: Nevermind, just reproduced it. Seems to be happening when launching Bloopair via the Homebrew Launcher Channel. When launching from the Homebrew Launcher via Haxchi it seems to work.

Edit 2: This actually seems to be an issue with the Homebrew Launcher Channel, see here for more info: https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/Bloopair/issues/17#issuecomment-932974462

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,
Reactions: cvskid and fmhugo

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, so many people are having this issue and I just can't reproduce it...

Edit: Nevermind, just reproduced it. Seems to be happening when launching Bloopair via the Homebrew Launcher Channel. When launching from the Homebrew Launcher via Haxchi it seems to work.

Edit 2: This actually seems to be an issue with the Homebrew Launcher Channel, see here for more info: https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/Bloopair/issues/17#issuecomment-932974462

You mentioned that as a workaround we could create a channel from the .rpx, what do you mean by this? I thought it meant a channel forwarder, so I tried loading a homebrew app through a forwarder, closing it and loading a VC game, which again caused the game to hang, so instead I followed your other suggestion and set CBHC to autoboot to the homebrew launcher and run it from there, which fixes the issue.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You mentioned that as a workaround we could create a channel from the .rpx, what do you mean by this? I thought it meant a channel forwarder, so I tried loading a homebrew app through a forwarder, closing it and loading a VC game, which again caused the game to hang, so instead I followed your other suggestion and set CBHC to autoboot to the homebrew launcher and run it from there, which fixes the issue.
I mean packing the .rpx into a channel with NUSPacker.
This will be a bit more complicated but would allow you to launch Bloopair from the wii u menu.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yay, it's working now :P turns out the cos.xml file I was using was causing the Channel to load forever :)
Problem is though the Chan would need to be updated with every Bloopair update :P a Forwarder Chan would be nice.

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Would be possible in theory. Would require a lot more work though since Bloopair currently only emulates Pro Controllers.
I'm also curious whether the opposite of this could be implemented, using real Wiimotes to emulate Wii U Pro Controllers. The obvious and fairly un-exciting use case here would be using Wii Classic Controllers (and Pro, NES and SNES Classic, Hori Wired Fight Pad, etc. models) as Wii U Pro Controllers--you could also throw L3/R3 somewhere on the Wiimote if desired. More creatively, a Wiimote and Nunchuk combo could be interesting, but the button mapping would pose problems as there are fewer buttons, in a layout which doesn't map obviously to a Pro Controller.

yaketyJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Wow, I just found this, this is amazing, thank you for creating it! Now I am using my 8bitdo NES-style arcade stick to play GBA games on WiiU. The dream :-)

Reactions: fmhugo

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bloopair version 0.3.0 is now released!
Changelog:
  • Added support for the Sony DualShock 3
    Read the Pairing a DualShock 3 section for pairing instructions
  • Fix some weird stick behavior with third-party Switch controllers
  • Bloopair will now detect if it's already running
    This avoids undefined behavior when launching Bloopair more than once

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Bloopair version 0.3.0 is now released!
Changelog:
  • Added support for the Sony DualShock 3
    Read the Pairing a DualShock 3 section for pairing instructions
  • Fix some weird stick behavior with third-party Switch controllers
  • Bloopair will now detect if it's already running
    This avoids undefined behavior when launching Bloopair more than once

Returned to the thread to comment that it works perfectly with the SN30+, and ask if there was any chance of getting Dualshock3 support. Almost scary :D

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: GaryOderNichts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr