Homebrew Homebrew app Bloopair: Connect Controllers from other Consoles natively

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think there's hope for that, you can get the Wii U Bluetooth MAC Address via homebrew and then change the address on the controller via PC using SixaxisPairTool
I'm thinking about directly doing that on the Wii U, so you can plug in the controller via USB and pair it with a homebrew app.
I've ordered a DS3 so once it arrives I'll look into that.

Estarlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
hey gary! I want to learn to program for consoles like wii u. Where can I start any information that you give me?

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Oshikuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone know if is there any way I can pair a Dual Shock 3 (ps3) controller? It seems it doesn't support it right now...

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since a few messages were lost during the temp mode, I'm going to post a link to the discord server here again.
If you want to help with testing or adding a new controller or just keep track of development, feel free to join.
https://discord.gg/geY4G2NZK9

Does anyone know if is there any way I can pair a Dual Shock 3 (ps3) controller? It seems it doesn't support it right now...
It's not supported at the moment. Maybe it's possible in the future.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm thinking about directly doing that on the Wii U, so you can plug in the controller via USB and pair it with a homebrew app.
I've ordered a DS3 so once it arrives I'll look into that.
Reposted message: awesome work as always @GaryOderNichts, looking forward to using the DS3 and DS4 model 1 with the Wii U.

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting again since my original comment got lost in temp mode: I tested my version 2 PS4 controller and it worked great, it even works for Retroarch. It turns off when launching Breath of the Wild, but pressing the PS button turns it back on, no other game that I tested had any issues, also pressing the PS button during gameplay brings up the Wii U menu.

nk_tud

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
It seems great to me, but I would like to be able to connect the dualshock 3 and 4 is there a possibility in the future?

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Retrobit's BT Saturn Controller connects, but don't do anything else.

8bitDo BT Saturn Board works 100%, but only with the Dpad set to Dpad, as Left Analogue Stick it will not move to the left.

Last edited by MG4M3R,

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is amazing! Tested the joy-con with some games and it worked like a charm. :D The only thing I would change is to map the Joy-cons SR and SL buttons to the ZR and ZL buttons. I think it would make more games compatible (Super Mario 3D World for example, I could not ground pound/enter pipes), but I may be wrong...

Anyone tested with Wii U VC? I tested it with N64 games on loadiine but the analogs didn't respond for some reason... (I think maybe because I loaded through loadiine?)

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing! Tested the joy-con with some games and it worked like a charm. :D The only thing I would change is to map the Joy-cons SR and SL buttons to the ZR and ZL buttons. I think it would make more games compatible (Super Mario 3D World for example, I could not ground pound/enter pipes), but I may be wrong...

Anyone tested with Wii U VC? I tested it with N64 games on loadiine but the analogs didn't respond for some reason... (I think maybe because I loaded through loadiine?)

I tried a PS4 controller with Mario Kart 64 installed to nand. Everything worked fine but the console got stuck when closing the game and I had to reset.

Reactions: dragon12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol