Bloopair allows connecting controllers from other consoles like native Wii U Pro Controllers on the Wii U.
It temporarily applies patches to the IOS-PAD module responsible for Bluetooth controller connections.
Here is a demo video showing off how it works:
- Connect up to 4 controllers wirelessly via Bluetooth
- Rumble support
- Battery levels
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con
- Nintendo Switch SNES Controller
- Microsoft Xbox One S/X Controller
Note: The Series S/X Controllers are currently not supported due to missing Bluetooth LE support
- Sony DualShock 3 Controller
To pair a DualShock 3 to the console, see the Pairing a DualShock 3 section
- Sony DualShock 4 Controller
- Sony DualSense Controller
- Download the latest .zip from the releases page
- Extract it to the root of your SD Card
- Run Bloopair from the Homebrew Launcher
Once launched, the Wii U menu should open
- Once back in the Wii U menu, press the SYNC button on your console and controller
- Wait until the Controller is connected
After rebooting the console or exiting System Settings, relaunch Bloopair.
Pairing a DualShock 3
The DualShock 3 needs to be paired using a USB cable. After the initial pairing it can be used like any other wireless Bluetooth controller.
- While launching Bloopair from the Homebrew Launcher, hold down the A button on the Gamepad.
You should now be in the USB pairing menu.
- Connect the DualShock 3 using a USB cable to the front or back ports of the console.
- The screen will say "Paired!" once the controller has been successfully paired.
You can now remove the USB cable from the controller. Press the PS button to connect it to the console.
- Press the B button to exit to the Home Menu
FAQ / Troubleshooting
My controller doesn't pair to the console
Make sure Bloopair is running and both the console and the controller are in SYNC mode.
Also make sure the controller is on the supported list.
Wait for about a minute, and if nothing happens restart your console and redo the process.
You can also try clearing controller syncs.
Will you add support for controller xyz?
Possibly, I've for now added support for all the controllers I currently own. Maybe I can get a few more controllers which I could add support for.
Pull requests for different controllers are always welcome.
My console gets stuck on the Wii U Menu screen
There seems to be an issue with the Homebrew Launcher Channel. This isn't something that can be fixed in Bloopair itself.
See the following issue comment for more info.
- Support more controllers
- Rumble for Joy-Con
- Battery levels for Switch Pro Controller and Joy-Con
- Bluetooth LE support (the Wii U's bluetooth stack seems to support this?)
Bloopair will patch the IOSU's IOS-PAD module in memory. It will make sure any bluetooth peripheral can be paired to the console.
Once paired and connected it will convert received HID reports to the Pro Controller HID report format, which padscore expects.
Source code: https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/Bloopair
Last edited by GaryOderNichts,