Bloomberg reports upgraded Switch model announcement "imminent" and launching as soon as September

switch logo.JPG

There's yet another rumor in town, this time coming from Bloomberg regarding the upgraded Nintendo Switch model, aka the Switch Pro. Citing "people familiar with the matter" who asked not to be named since the plans are not yet public, the report mentions that Nintendo expects to start assembly of the upgraded Switch model as soon as July; with plans to launch the device in September or October.

Just like Bloomberg previously reported, this report maintains that the new model will pack a 7-inch OLED Samsung display, a faster NVIDIA chip capable of 4K output in docked mode. The cost is also expected to be higher than the current $299 tag. It will be sold alongside the $199 Switch Lite, while the standard Switch will slowly be phased.

Interestingly, the report mentions that, according to its sources, the announcement of the new hardware is "imminent" and could happen before this June's E3 to "allow publishers to showcase their full range of Switch games at the global event".

As for the commercial name of this fabled "Switch Pro", Bloomberg says that "only to a handful of people within the Kyoto-based company".

What do you think of this news? Is it yet another rumor not to be taken seriously or will we finally have a look at an upgraded Switch this year?

:arrow: SOURCE

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
people, don't forget that the 3ds had a resolution of 240p and yet it looked decent, I bet that even if it's 720p it will still look aweosome... oled or not.
Nostalgia glasses. Some days ago I picked up my 3DS XL to play some (don't judge) Project Mirai DX and I felt slapped by those fat big prickly pixels.

Reactions: Vila_

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
„I never had a problem with OLED“
„OLED Burn in doesn’t exist“
„Only if you leave it on for 24/7 you’ll get Burn in“

really? I guess it’s just an Easter egg, a Secret watermark that appears after a while of use... Give me a break...OLED is the same kinda junk technology like Plasma, it had only one advantage over LCD which is when Black > pixel turned off but with the new Dual Layer LCD it’s history and LCD has no more disadvantages, only advantages.

here are 2 examples of Burn in of Devices I own,
ED9F5AEE-00E7-427E-8448-D5FC79BFF29F.jpeg
55250433-91EA-45EF-B20C-4048DFFD1CC9.jpeg

do you want more? I have more devices with burned in OLED Screen. I feel something....I have the feeling it only exist so that people throw them away and buy a new one because Burn in becomes annoying after a while a distracting. (besides it’s flaw to crack easily especially Samsung OLED screens )

Last edited by Ferris1000,

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm going to pass I just bought an Animal Crossing Switch today from walmart... I didn't plan on buying another switch but I couldn't pass it up. This is my 5th switch I think I'll keep this one inside the box sealed along with my pokemon one.

Maybe they will be worth something one day in the near future.

View attachment 264541

animal crossing isn’t a limited edition.
And sealed means haven’t popped the cardboard tab and removed the tablet from its open sided plastic sleeve

I wouldn’t wait on a time machine on that one just enjoy it

Last edited by playstays_shun,
Reactions: Goku1992A

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had OLED screens ever since my Galaxy S3, And I'm now on the S21 Ulyta 5G. I have never had one single phone of mine get burn-in. (Probably because I keep the brightness at or below 40% brightness at all times.)

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

There's yet another rumor in town, this time coming from Bloomberg regarding the upgraded Nintendo Switch model, aka the Switch Pro. Citing "people familiar with the matter" who asked not to be named since the plans are not yet public, the report mentions that Nintendo expects to start assembly of the upgraded Switch model as soon as July; with plans to launch the device in September or October.

Just like Bloomberg previously reported, this report maintains that the new model will pack a 7-inch OLED Samsung display, a faster NVIDIA chip capable of 4K output in docked mode. The cost is also expected to be higher than the current $299 tag. It will be sold alongside the $199 Switch Lite, while the standard Switch will slowly be phased.

Interestingly, the report mentions that, according to its sources, the announcement of the new hardware is "imminent" and could happen before this June's E3 to "allow publishers to showcase their full range of Switch games at the global event".

As for the commercial name of this fabled "Switch Pro", Bloomberg says that "only to a handful of people within the Kyoto-based company".

What do you think of this news? Is it yet another rumor not to be taken seriously or will we finally have a look at an upgraded Switch this year?

:arrow: SOURCE

I...I honestly never really cared for the upgraded model rumor that came out....idk when but yeah, its just gonna be sadly the same thing just updated that's all sigh I am more worried about what games they are actually gonna make since the switch is just a darn dumpster bag that you can port everything, also remember that old video of the April fools joke nintendo made where they said they would port everything? Yeah,...it wasn't a joke they really are going with it, and that's just sad.

But the thing that got me to comment here, was the comment section, its nice to read it especially in these types of discussion :3

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"OLED is horrible"

Says people who have never owned an OLED TV, but maybe looked at the one in best buy for 10 seconds... lol.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
„I never had a problem with OLED“
„OLED Burn in doesn’t exist“
„Only if you leave it on for 24/7 you’ll get Burn in“

really? I guess it’s just an Easter egg, a Secret watermark that appears after a while of use... Give me a break...OLED is the same kinda junk technology like Plasma, it had only one advantage over LCD which is when Black > pixel turned off but with the new Dual Layer LCD it’s history and LCD has no more disadvantages, only advantages.

here are 2 examples of Burn in of Devices I own,
View attachment 264558 View attachment 264559
do you want more? I have more devices with burned in OLED Screen. I feel something....I have the feeling it only exist so that people throw them away and buy a new one because Burn in becomes annoying after a while a distracting. (besides it’s flaw to crack easily especially Samsung OLED screens )
For every archaic device with an obsolete problematic OLED screen you post, one could find a thousand modern OLED devices that perform without problem.

You're probably one of those persons that would prefer to travel transatlantic on a boat thinking "planes often explode mid air and fall into the ocean" like they did a hundred years ago.

Modern OLED does not show as severe problems as you describe... but it is indeed a transitional technology.

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG LOOK AT THE BURN IN
>posts a picture of a 2013 phone

OLED has improved A LOT since 2013.
For every archaic device with an obsolete problematic OLED screen you post, one could find a thousand modern OLED devices that perform without problem.

You're probably one of those persons that would prefer to travel transatlantic on a boat thinking "planes often explode mid air and fall into the ocean" like they did a hundred years ago.

Modern OLED does not show as severe problems as you describe... but it is indeed a transitional technology.
They're just as delusional as those anti-maskers:rofl2:

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're talking about OLED technology.
Trying to confuse the discourse like that with off topic invalid comparisons is sad.
I doubt you can convince them that OLED is not as bad as they think that easily though, especially when you slapped them so hard with that plane fall in ocean thing:rofl2: If it's not being delusional then they shall admit their ignorance anytime now, or refute with additional legacy OLED panel for the shame you gave them:creep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning