Bloomberg reports tech details of 4K Nintendo Switch model, release window and pricing

Nintendo_Switch_logo,_horizontal.png

After rumors about Sony shutting down the digital store of some of its older platforms, new rumors emerged today, but this time about Nintendo's upgraded Switch. According to a new report from Bloomberg, according to "people familiar with the matter", the rumored Switch Pro will use "an upgraded Nvidia chip with better graphics and processing". This chipset will provide the new Switch model with better CPU and increased memory. It will also support Nvidia’s Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) which uses A.I. to efficiently deliver higher-fidelity graphics.

The report notes that since DLSS support requires new code to be added to games, this feature will be mainly used to enhance the graphics of upcoming titles. This information comes from the aforementioned sources and "multiple game developers".

This new Switch upgrade will apparently also feature an upgraded 7-inch OLED display from Samsung. The new NVIDIA chip will also reportedly "reproduce game visuals at 4K quality when plugged into a TV".

Bloomberg also mentions that this new Switch model is planned to release for the end of year shopping season, with analysts tipping the price tag at $400.

Again, we should take these news with a pinch of salt as Bloomberg's sources "asked not to be identified because the plan is not public". But rumors around a Switch Pro model have been circulating for a while now. Would you buy one with these specs at this price at the end of this year?

:arrow: SOURCE

D

Deleted User

The more and more evidence we get, the more and more I begin to think it's just a rumor!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hope they come with a good name for this new model if it ever releases though...
New Nintendo Switch Deluxe DX Battle 2 0.2 BIRTH BY SLEEP FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE x2 Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series &Knuckles

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope they come with a good name for this new model if it ever releases though...
Nintendo Bait and Switch

On a more serious note it's hard to imagine the switch in it's current formfactor to run 4k decently considering how much more beefy the hardware should be to produce native 4k graphics, let alone the cooling being more than inadequate if it would stay similar to how it is now.
If any of the rumors are real I wonder how different the console will be. But I think it will just be DLSS and upscaling instead of actual 4k.

Last edited by DBlaze,
D

Deleted User

Personally, my hopes for a Nintendo Switch Pro revolves around getting 1080p Resolution running at 60 FPS on both Modes, which should be the bare minimum in a 2021 World with 120MHz Screens slapped on even Smartphones.

I'm really not into the 4K rabbit hole for a Nintendo handheld, especially since it probably wouldn't be able to house components capable of running that at decent 2021 FPS rates.

My Nice-to-Haves would include:
  • Autostereoscopic Cameras
  • Autostereoscopic Screen
  • Integrated Stylus Support
Basically a more modern 3DS, not a beefy NDS like the Switch seems to be created for.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users