Bloodstained Ritual of the Night nsp

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by godreborn, Jun 23, 2019.

1. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    for some reason, this nsp is showing up as corrupt: "cnmt.nca file is corrupted." I've had this happen before when checking nsp files, so I'd always download the nsp from another source. this has always worked, in case a site had a corrupted game. however, every nsp I've found of this game seems to be corrupted. I looked in switch backup manager, and it says that it was originally an xci. can that cause this problem? the update seems fine. I don't have a hacked switch currently (only been downloading the games I've bought), so I can't check to see what happens if I install it.

Chocobogomes likes this.
  2. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Not real sure I have the XCI on my external and was able to install it to my sd card, that might not be helpful. Since the game doesn't actually come out until Tuesday there won't be an eshop version out yet, so if you cant figure it out you should be able to at least get the legit eshop version then. More likely by tomorrow night before midnight.

godreborn likes this.
  3. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    thanks. I saw on another site people reporting the same thing, but in that case, the game wasn't installing. someone said to convert it back to xci, do something with the keys, then reconvert back to nsp. I haven't done much reading on switch hacking, just making sure I have everything I've bought. it's especially important, since I only buy digital games due to a physical condition I have.

4. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Since you don't actually have a switch anyway I would just wait until tomorrow night there shouldn't be any issue then with the legit eshop version nsp that wasn't converted from xci.

godreborn likes this.
  5. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    How big is the NSP in size?

godreborn likes this.
  6. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    5,136,777,969 bytes

7. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    It's because a leaked version is shait... get the XCI and convert it with 4nxci.

godreborn likes this.
  8. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    godreborn likes this.
  9. BLCKBLuR

BLCKBLuR GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    I was reading on reddit some people were saying that every version they can find right now has been modified? But idk how they are telling this since the real thing is not out yet... unless it really HAS been leaked, but some of these people have not found the real one yet? Idk...

I have also seen a few people saying it's working, besides the whole asking to link a nintendo account when launching the game thing...

godreborn likes this.
  10. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I don't know very much about hacking the switch, since I haven't hacked mine, but I've done some reading. I guess I'd actually have to hack my system to understand how things work. I'm assuming that the verification error is being caused by an xci having been converted to an nsp. I guess I'll see what happens when I try verifying a scene release of the game. I did read somewhere that the switch warns you that the nsp has been modified before installation. doesn't it do something like that when it detects brick code? that's another thing. I think I know how it detects brick code, but verifying that on the pc seems extremely complicated and to be a lot of work.

11. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    As I said earlier, there are 2 versions of NSP. One is broken/corrupt. Other is fine.
    Best is to get the XCI and convert it yourself and then it's always fine.

12. 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    Gamecube Land
    um, kinda strange why the game is already out for PS4/Xbox one but not for switch (yet),

I preordered it at my local games' store, but having gotten it yet, hope it isn't cancelled or such,

I wonder why it was delayed 1 week?

maybe cause of that Game breaking bug on ps4/xbox?

can't wait to play this gem, but the days won't go by faster. :)

cause it looks really good, IGA's and his teams have done a great/perfect job on this successor to castlevania for switch,

what Konami can't do for castlevania, I mean bloodstained,
    IGA delivered, the launch video was funny,
    how IGA toured Konami, hahahah,

Konami's probably pulling out their hairs saying:

"we shouldn't have let IGA go and make a new IGAvania/castlevania game"
    there goes our profit!"

IGA: "told you so, but you wouldn't listen to me! you snooze, you lose! Konami!"

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Launch Trailer

13. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    The Switch version needs 1 more week because of docked and undocked mode. This was clear from the start.

Such a shame that it's only 30 FPS.

2DSGamerdude likes this.
  14. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    pretty simple most likely.. blurays take less time and are more easily producible than cartridges for the switch. so carts would have only a couple (if that) of producers and need to schedule production of all other carts as well as just bloodstained.

15. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    I thought it is release only for eShop.. Not a physical released.. no XCI. Just a .nsp. Correct me, please.

16. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    we have success. the nsp game is an xci convert. I found the xci with and without the update applied to it. with the update, the partition for the update seems to be present or at least nsp verify is aware that it existed, so it will say that parts are missing. just the xci, xci to nsp convert of the base game, update, and update with account link patched all check out good, so I'm golden. :D

17. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    There is an eShop version. No converted from xci to nsp. Now there is update release.. Someone should tried it.

18. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    You're wrong.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You seem to talk about things you know nothing about a lot. The eshop version doesn't come out until tonight at midnight. So far only the XCI (which is a physical release) has been out and people have converted it to nsp.

19. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    I wanted the Switch version for portability but this was a deal breaker for me...Metroidvania 2d gameplay must be 60fps.

Bimmel likes this.
  20. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Same here. I backed the Switch version as physical edition and they mentioned NOTHING until the end. Really sad.

yadspi likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted