'Bloodborne' PS1-inspired "demake" set to launch next January

bloodborne psx.JPG

No there is no typo in the title nor is it an off-season April Fools' joke, a Bloodborne demake with aesthetics akin to games for the original PlayStation is set to release next year (unless the developer is pulling a joke on us...). This fan project's developer, Lilith Walther, has been sharing video updates for some time on their YouTube channel and a couple of days ago, aired a new "Release Date Trailer" along with some details:

Some of those details that Lilith Walther highlights is that this demake will cover up to Bloodborne’s second boss fight with Father Gascoigne. But there will also be extended areas and some bonus post game content. The CRT effects can be tuned to your liking or turned off completely. Moreover, even if it is made to look like a PS1 game, Bloodborne Demake was developed in Unreal Engine and will not work on an actual PS1 or emulator; but rather on a PC.

Bloodborne's PSX demake will launch for free on January 31st, 2022. Lilith Walther also mentions that the source code will also be released for free a few months following the launch.

:arrow: SOURCE

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
"Bloodborne demake for the original PlayStation " unfortunately not. Just named that because of the style I guess. Was pretty bummed when I learned that. Kinda odd how that was mentioned when the reality is in this
you're right! I've edited the title and part of the text to make it more clear!

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The style is cool, but it's not as impressive when it's not being developed to the confines of real hardware. Just by watching the video you can tell it's a PC game, as the texture filtering and wobble effect aren't the same as the PS1, but it is pretty close.
Anybody can make a game intentionally look fugly, but it's cooler when there are set limits for polycounts and CPU cycles with actual reasons for them being there.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Meh, I won't disconsider the time he put on this but it's unreal engine... The only thing that comes to mind is the "Nintendo hire this man" music meme but in reverse.

Reactions: orangy57

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I confess I was sad to hear that the game is running on PC, I was hoping to be able to download the .iso and burn it to a disc to play on a real PS1, it would be awesome.

Still, it's a cool idea.

Reactions: Xzi

Esjay131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I have to say, looks like even this developer hasn't learned from the others' mistakes. Announce and release it when you're ready, now you're just asking for something bad to happen in the gap till Jan. At least it would've been out there on the internet if you did it that way.
She's been working on it for over a year now, and featured in numerous articles. She's posted on twitter about every aspect of it, having dev threads daily. If the chance of C&D was coming up, it would've happened before it was in a releasable state.

Reactions: Emperor_Norton

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs