Blood of Bahamut US confirmation

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new Square Enix action RPG Blood of Bahamut has gotten everyone excited. It's like Shadow of the Colossus with 2D sprites as your characters. Well, today Square Enix announced that the game was coming to the US. No date for the moment, just confirmation.

http://the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

If you've not seen this impressive game yet, watch these trailers:

The game supports up to 4 players in co-op mode. No word on Wifi though.

http://www.bahamut.jp/

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cool beans. this is a pretty sick game.
granville next time place the videos in spoiler tabs cuts down loading times
biggrin.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
I never played Shadow of the Colossus before so I won't about this.
I admit to never having played it either. I do know however that it has you as a hero who's purpose is to bring down gigantic creatures as big as skyscrapers. You literally climb up the colossus and they are the levels AND the bosses. You have to find creative ways to destroy them. It's similar to another PS2 game, Ico. Both of those games are works of art.

@Hop2089

We don't even have a Japan date yet! I'm guessing sometime around May or so.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, that's good news. Nice. I wasn't really doubtful it would come over, as Square's whole thing now is pushing into western markets, but it's nice to get a confirmation.

As an aside, I have played SotC, and though this game obviously has a lot in common visually, it doesn't seem to play anything like the game. This looks more like a hack & slash, though instead of against regular enemies, you're fighting bosses; that's perhaps the only other thing it has in common with SotC. But SotC was fairly unique, and it's grip mechanic was probably the primary gameplay element.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I wasn't really saying this game is a clone of SOTC, just seems that the giant bosses were inspired by the game. And the fact that you climb onto them and fight them.

Shadow of the Colossus really seems like a one of a kind game. It's made by the Ico team. Both games have really similar atmosphere. they are so realistic and atmospheric. Indeed, when I played Ico, I sort of forgot I was playing a game!

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great news. I'll probably try the (J) version of this one, but it's nice to know it's coming to NA. Thanks for the info granville.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans