OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone., well along with Soul Silver, I decided to start translating a game where I'd actually have to translate anything. Since it's been requested around here, I started working on Blood of Bahamut. Seeing as the games text is uncompressed and everything, it's a pretty easy to modify the Japanese text. So today, I started translating the text as well as inserting it into the game and so far, it's been going pretty well. Right now, my main focus is translating the menus and stuff.

Anyway, here are some early screenies of progress... Don't expect a patch anytime soon though(As there's an assload of menu text that needs translating).

bobnew1.jpg

bobnew2.jpg

bobnew3.jpg

bobnew4.jpg

bobnew5.jpg

bobnew6.jpg

bobnew7.jpg

bobnew8.jpg

bobnew9.jpg

bobnew10.jpg

Note: The translations in these screenshots may not be final and in the patch, most of the untranslated text will be translated.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I think this should go the way the "Tales of.." translations project as for only to release a final patch (if you intend to do a full translation), but wasn't this announced to have an official English release ?

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
I think this should go the way the "Tales of.." translations project as for only to release a final patch (if you intend to do a full translation), but wasn't this announced to have an official English release ?

Couldn't find any confirmation on a US/Euro release, just speculation.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
Stop spreading rumors. If it hasn't been confirmed and there's no proof, don't spread rumors.

You don't need to go further than Wikipedia to see that it hasn't even been announced for US/EU release. The game was released August 6.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
We appreciate your efforts Watarukun. It must be tough having to balance your HG/SS translation, this and your life. Good luck!
smile.gif

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would figure out the pointer system, as it will mean that you do not have to abbreviate words, but that's just a suggestion.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
neoxephon said:
I would figure out the pointer system, as it will mean that you do not have to abbreviate words, but that's just a suggestion.
Even if I did that wouldn't help that much. The menu file is HUGE and repointing all that stuff would be a bother.

Drixster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally someones doing a constructive translation...good luck with that bro...message me if u need ne help with anything

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well, I'm interested. I've tried a menu patch before and did a few levels. Seemed okay until I got stuck since I had no idea what to do next. Even if we have to wait for a complete patch, it will be worth it.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
it's a cool game, but not exactly SE mainstream stuff, so chances are we'll see the remaining Dragon Quest games localized way before this one, so good job WataruKun

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i was waiting a long time for a upcoming translation
thanks for providing it and hopefully it gets done soon enough
smile.gif

i played BoB though. it was very exciting having huge boss fights

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Viteh said:
it's a cool game, but not exactly SE mainstream stuff, so chances are we'll see the remaining Dragon Quest games localized way before this one, so good job WataruKun
the news thread, tells that DQ 9 is going to be localized, so how many other DQ game are there?

BluWacky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still think this is going to get an official translation; one of Squenix's translators is in the game's ending credits.

But have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...