Blood of Bahamut new video

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Dec 22, 2008.

Dec 22, 2008

Blood of Bahamut new video by granville at 4:16 PM (807 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States

New video footage of the upcoming Square Enix game. Shows off incredible 3D animation with 2D sprite characters.

2. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would've preferred 3D models rather than sprites, if only 'cause, honestly, the two conflict horribly from what I've seen. Scaling sprites relative to the models never is going to look good :/

Looking like a nice multiplayer game though.

3. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I personally like the sprites, but let me explain something. The DS has serious 3D limits. In addition to detailed environments, it has to pump out a bunch of animated characters. If these characters are 3D models, the DS can only allow a few models at once without severe slowdown. If you've played the Final Fantasy games, you'll know what I mean. Crystal Chronicles had some minor slowdown with just a few models on screen at once. By using sprites, they can allow dozens, maybe even hundreds of characters on screen at once. If you've played Revenant Wings, you'll see how detailed the environments were and how smooth the action was, even with all the sprites at once.

The newest Kingdom Hearts on DS is no exception to this 3D limit. The game is already pushing heavily with ultra detailed characters. Only about 7 character models can appear at once.

4. Galacta

Member Galacta >:)

Australia
    This looks too repetitive. Fighting Colossus'.

[​IMG]

5. bunnybreaker

Member bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Looks cool. Kind of like Shadow of the Colossus and Secret of Mana had a baby.

6. JDandy

Member JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    The first trailer made it look incredibly generic/lame, but this one actually shows some pretty interesting footage.
    Though the characters... ugh.
    Generic male main character. Generic female korean mmo character. Generic furr- what. KAMOS OGREKIN? SANTIAGO? Names like that tend to make up for plenty of flaws.

Also pretty groovy to mix 2D and 3D like that.

7. gta3428

Newcomer gta3428 Newbie

United States
    it is final fantasy crystal chronicles meets shadow of the collusus or ICo. [​IMG]