FIXED! Blog timestamps problem (and more)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Strange behavior concerning blogs:
Today I wanted to publish a new entry in my blog. Instead of being available right away, it was scheduled for one hour in the future – and had some files attached I didn't upload myself. When trying to remove the files with the edit function the permission was denied.
After an hour, when the entry was online, I was allowed to remove the attachments. Maybe this was a mistake: @Chary told me in a profile message that she could not find anything concerning attachments with the moderation tools. Maybe I should have left the strange attachments.

In addition to that odd behavior my entry was "pinned" at the top of "New Content" because the timestamp was another hour in the future. Fixing a typo later yet again put the entry at the top of the list (I'm sorry for that). And this scheduling, timestamp and attachment problem happened with a blog entry by @Cyan – who was smarter than me and did not remove the picture.

Screenshot2.png Screenshot1.png

Compare my local time in the screenshot (14:51, 2:51pm) with the timestamp saying last comment in the entry is today 7:00pm)

The thing with one hour in the future makes me think of daylight saving time; no idea about the even greater difference.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I posted this blog entry to see what would happen and I can confirm the anomaly.
The image doesn't seem to have any metadata, but based on its filename, tomorrow should be its first anniversary of being taken (2020. 03. 29. 14:51:37).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Looks like the blogs addon that we use made a bit of a mess internally.

Both of these problems were related to the scheduling system that the addon has.
I've disabled the scheduler internally now, since we are not even using that feature. This means entries should no longer appear in the future (which was likely a DST issue).
The attachments that appeared out of seemingly nowhere were linked to scheduled entries that are no longer there, but the IDs got messed up along the way, meaning they would be added to newly created scheduled entries instead. You can safely remove these attachments.

Let me know if you still experience any problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1