Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Panzer Tacticer said:
BeatriceTheGolden said:
Yeah, super low priority, I'm aware.

But if it's possible (and it is), could you please let us delete posts in our own threads?

Or maybe even allow restrictions? Such as who is allowed to see and/or post in our threads?

Select 'Manage Blog' and scroll down to bottom. You will see an Actions choice. One is to delete an article. You can also make them open or closed at your leisure.

I think there is no way to make them selectively invisible though dear, so what you say IS going to be readable.
Thanks for the info, but I've been making, deleting, closing, and opening threads on this forum since before you made that account.
wink.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I know part of the issue is that with the recent crap that's happening in Blogs, that those "troublesome members" will abuse the new power. I just think these would be decent guidelines.

- The feature can be locked out for certain members by moderators.
- Removed posts can be viewed by any member, but there would be a reason why it was removed by the manager of the blog. Not sure if this would do anything but if someone is making troll shit on your blog, it just makes it more hassle to read the troll shit and what not.
- Moderator posts cannot be removed. This goes for all moderators, from Mag Staff to Administrators.
- Moderators can reverse any post "hidings" (since they wouldn't really be removals in the end)
- Abuse of the feature would of course also result in warning ratings and other punishment.

This is a little bit different, but would it be possible for bloggers here to edit posts in their locked blogs? I use my blog for organization purposes (such as a post for my links, my reviews, etc) and I find it annoying when people comment on these organizational posts, but I still need to keep them unlocked to edit them for adding links to new stuff.

I can see where people are coming from with the issue, but I don't think a few annoying members should bring down the rest of GBAtemp's blogging community.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
UltraMagnus said:
I think the simplest solution would be to allow people to lock their own blog topics, that shouldn't cause any problems
You can already do that
rolleyes.gif
I don't blog here, so I didn't know that.

I think the current system is fine then, if you want more control get a real blog. I can see this causing too many problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂