Hacking Blocking Wii Update URLs

mpkostek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 5.4.0 Wii u and a Linksys EA6100 router and the closest thing to blocking URLs is going in the parental controls on my router, selecting the wii u device, then I add these URL's to the list to block (from the definitive guide):

• nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
Testing any of these urls in the supplied http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php (from my wii u browser) shows that these domains are in fact not being blocked. I have set up the TubeHax DNS prior to this. Am I doing something? Is there something additional I can do to block these domains?

Last edited by mpkostek,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's probably your ISP, some of them won't allow any other DNS other than the one they provide, but you said you blocked them in your router, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you regardless.

Reactions: lonemoonHD

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was pretty worried when checking that site, but I don't think it works right, at least for this. I've had it tell me this stuff's not blocked when it absolutely is, and my Wii U won't update and it does get that red x or whatever it is when update blocking is working.

I do have a different router than you, so I can't say if you've done it right, just that that kloth site seems off.

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can test them disabling tubehax and try to access the Eshop if they are blocked you will get an error , but I wouldn't recommend it because the next firmware update COULD be release later today.

Another method it's to try to access to a Nintendo URL in your PC browser to see what happens (with me my modem told me that they're blocked) or use a 3ds without tubehax to check if it can access Eshop (mine doesn't and give an error something like 5002 couldn't connect to the server) , but with tubehax it should be enough:9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1