Hacking Blocking Wii-U Updates

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason, the red x is no longer appearing on my system. I'm using cc proxy, and the red x appears on my other wii-u. I'm not sure what the problem is. the system is on 5.5.1 while the other is on 5.3.2. has anyone else experienced this?

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested google with ccproxy off, and it wouldn't connect, so I know the proxy is working. I've never encountered it to where it wouldn't check for updates unless Nintendo has changed the updating service for people on the latest firmware.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested google with ccproxy off, and it wouldn't connect, so I know the proxy is working. I've never encountered it to where it wouldn't check for updates unless Nintendo has changed the updating service for people on the latest firmware.

No, Nintendo has not made any changes to the update servers.

Off-topic, but can I ask why you wish to use CCProxy? Why not just use Chncdcksn's DNS server?

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, Nintendo has not made any changes to the update servers.

Off-topic, but can I ask why you wish to use CCProxy? Why not just use Chncdcksn's DNS server?

I like cc proxy mostly. have u ever encountered ur wii-u blocking updates but no red x being present? this happened around the time of the redNAND fiasco which I've sorted. I even deleted the connection settings and reentered them. still no red x. I thought that was supposed to happen to know whether ur blocking updates.

Off topic:
Why didn't you update the other Wii?

the second wii-u was purchased since it was on 5.3.2 when there was no 5.5.1 hack. I'm going to sell it probably since I can do everything on 5.5.1 now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1