Misc Blocking Update: ..wich URL to block from routeur?..

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hellllo all tempers and temperesses! :bow:

Small question: if i want avoid any update notifications on my n3ds, wich URLs do i have to block in my routeur's setting? i knew the ones for the wiiU, but it cant be the same for the 3ds, right?

while being here..i have another small question about updates..hum hum..
..If i dont block the URL, will i receive notices about updates, just by going on the web browser and navigating for a while? or even by playing a game online? for exemple, a game that does not require latest update, ..will it notice me about an update even if the game doesnt require it?
thanks!:grog:

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: puss2puss

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
oh nice! exactly what i was looking for!..can you still play online even by blocking them?

no, since some games requires their update data. On WiiU I know you can't play online if unupdated. On 3ds though, you can only if you have the update data installed first, which is impossible without a hack.

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh..damn.. i wasnt sure because i've read somewhere that it was possible to play online without updating if the game does not requires an update.. oh well...i guess it was something else..anyway..
thanks for the reply!

EDIT: TidusWulf said: ...I can confirm from firsthand expereince that it does NOT block online play. HOWEVER, any games that have pending eShop updates (smash bros, pokemon, etc.) will block you from playing online. As long as all your games are up to date, they'll play online (until they are out of date). If you have smash bros update 1.0.4, it's okay if you're still on 9.2.0 firmware ...

..so...is it possible or not?..anyone tested this yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either