Hacking Blocking 9.3.0-21 with your Wi-Fi router

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blocking Wii U is a good question. What about blocking of other useful features like PC to New 3DS wireless file transfer?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
OK I know double posting is not allowed but I need to bump this thread.

After messing around in DDWRT I think I managed to block *.shop.nintendowifi.net and *.shop.wii.com
IDK if this block updates or not but it did block eShop (error code everytime).

You just use DNSMasq.
houB6kf.png

Save, apply and restart your router (or just dnsmasq).

EDIT: Just to be safe, do this:
Code:
address=/.shop.nintendowifi.net/127.0.0.1
address=/.shop.wii.com/127.0.0.1
address=/.shop.nintendo.net/127.0.0.1
address=/a248.e.akamai.net/127.0.0.1

EDIT2: Just tested with eShop and System Settings updater. Both returned an error.
Btw this will block for any devices under the router. So be careful if you have another Nintendo device.

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You would think there would be a way of blocking updates in parental controls or something...

bobtheglob101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would think there would be a way of blocking updates in parental controls or something...

That ability was removed in the later firmware updates it seems :( even a system format requires you to install an update before it formats.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to block those sites that were in the image, I'm using DDWRT, and it ended up screwing my Chrome settings by not allowing me to accept cookies locally. Created havoc for me because I couldn't stay logged in and cert ain sites weren't functioning properly. When I remove those nintendo sites everything went back to normal.

Any suggestions?

bobtheglob101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to block those sites that were in the image, I'm using DDWRT, and it ended up screwing my Chrome settings by not allowing me to accept cookies locally. Created havoc for me because I couldn't stay logged in and cert ain sites weren't functioning properly. When I remove those nintendo sites everything went back to normal.

Any suggestions?

It's already been mentioned dd-wrt doesn't block It correctly. You could try doing what Duo8 did, seems to be working for him.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Will this help with system to system data transfer without having to update firmware on both consoles?
I have a old 9.2 3DS and i want to transfer my games to a new 3DS at 9.0

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
URL filter BiPAC 7800N doesn't work on domain filter but keyword filter does work. However, when using "nintendo" keyword, it blocks all the site that's related to *nintendo* and 3DS Wifi won't connect. Anyone has any other ideas?

Thanks.

bobtheglob101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this help with system to system data transfer without having to update firmware on both consoles?
I have a old 9.2 3DS and i want to transfer my games to a new 3DS at 9.0

Good question. I'm not certain since system transfers are region locked and I can't go from a U.S. -> JAP console. Maybe someone else has the answer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended