Blocked Club Nintendo Account

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Raysoul, Jan 16, 2012.

Jan 16, 2012

Blocked Club Nintendo Account by Raysoul at 12:37 AM (3,904 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Raysoul
    OP

Newcomer Raysoul Member

Philippines
    I am not really new in this forums, this is just my first post.

I bought an Asian version 3DS, and registered it at Club Nintendo. Apparently, they don't accept serials starting with CS so I replaced it with CW(Found the solution here in this forums). But then I didn't get the additional 70(?) coins 'cause the Asian version 3DS doesn't have a card with a PIN on the box.

I emailed Nintendo's customer support, then they asked me some information. One of the information is my country. I answered 'Philippines', then they emailed me this:

So apparently, they are taking the region blocking to the extremes. But what if I don't really reside here in the Philippines, or I am currently working temporarily here? And I have my family in the US?

I'm in the process of negotiating back my account, but it isn't a big deal for me. But still, free stuff for buying Nintendo products is still better.

2. jowan

Member jowan GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    I had the same problem, I ordered a messenger bag and sent it to a company that delivers in Colombia and I sent an email to nintendo asking if they knew something about my prize and they also blocked my account, I also asked if they could transfer my account to a friend of mine in the states but they refused

3. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    I actually agree with Nintendo on this.
    For example, lots of people who aren't from the US or Canada, could be benifiting from their services while they aren't entitled to them to begin with.
    As for the working thing, you can perfectly be in a another country, however, when residing in a country and working there, you have to abide by that country's laws and that's what Nintendo meant, even if you are american, you can't use the american club nintendo legally while you're outside of US, well, you can use it, you just can't use it's services.
    Regions have different laws, hence why there's more than one Nintendo Club (Japan, Europe, US&Canada and Austraila, dunno if there are more).

1 person likes this.
  4. BrunoAlvesMontei

Member BrunoAlvesMontei GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    This happened to me too, i got so pissed >(

5. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Here's another discussion regarding this sort of thing.
    You might want to read through it.

6. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    I'm sure you are aware that Asian units are not entitled to US perks. So please don't make it sound like yours is any different. Now that that's said, it doesn't matter where you live--you bought a non-entitled unit. Of course, you can let it stop you or you can do something about it (which you did, the CS to CW thingy), but then you couldn't be satisfied and so you had to demand your share of the pie, and so you contacted support and got your CN blocked.

as for the region-blocking, Club Nintendo's been like that for YEARS. if you're surprised, then you must have been assuming things. the whole point of having a valid US address with CN before is that because all the perks are rare physical merchandise that they send you. if you give em a different non-US address then you just told them you don't really live in the US and are therefore non-entitled.

however, now that digital prizes are being offered, things may change and might be actually be worth doing fraud. (what, you think falsification isn't fraudulent?).