• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

BLM under fire for defending Cuban regime

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not being a right is one thing, but an embargo means that the government is prohibiting private entities from interacting with them, including US-involved foreign parties as well. At the end of the day, this seems to only to hurt the civilians and encourage disdain for the United States.

Said private entities are more than welcome to pack their shit. Cuban Americans who fled Cuba and lived thru this regimes atrocities are some of the most patriotic Anti-communist Americans you will find anywhere because to them this isn't bullshit they read on some left wing rag or had lectured to them by a spoiled college student communist sympathizer.

Actual Cubans who have relatives on the Island still overwhelmingly support the embargo. They know peoples names, it's not just ethnic virtue pets to them. You should go ask them why sometime.

In the meantime the United States will act in it's interest. This isn't participation trophy garbage, it's not about being fair. It's what benefits our interests, security and welfare.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Said private entities are more than welcome to pack their shit. Cuban Americans who fled Cuba and lived thru this regimes atrocities are some of the most patriotic Anti-communist Americans you will find anywhere because to them this isn't bullshit they read on some left wing rag or had lectured to them by a spoiled college student communist sympathizer.

Actual Cubans who have relatives on the Island still overwhelmingly support the embargo. They know peoples names, it's not just ethnic virtue pets to them. You should go ask them why sometime.

In the meantime the United States will act in it's interest. This isn't participation trophy garbage, it's not about being fair. It's what benefits our interests, security and welfare.

I really fail to understand your logic. You indicate that the embargo was to punish the communist government, and that military intervention would only take 15 minutes, and that this all comes back around to serving US interests and security on one hand... then in the next breath, you say that individual freedoms be damned (since if folks don't like it, they can just abandon the country), and you acknowledge that the government is still intact while implying that it should be ousted. Since trade cannot occur, there certainly isn't any profit to be had... Are you thinking the situation is a way to siphon off "strong, pro american" cubans from the communist island, and that's how it benefits the United States? What about this is beneficial to the USA at this point?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BLM is nothing but a Terrorist Group

Not according to the US government... or the international community at large... or sensible people in general?

D

Deleted User

It's what benefits our interests, security and welfare.
Welfare? Such as how republicans are constantly pushing against it? Such as oh idk, goverment provided healthcare
Or how about the fact we invaded Afghanistan and generally the middle east. Does that improve security? or welfare? last time I checked that was primarily benefiting military contractors. Certainly doesn't improve secruity of other countries either, I mean it's harder to have a functioning government when your being bombed.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really fail to understand your logic. You indicate that the embargo was to punish the communist government, and that military intervention would only take 15 minutes, and that this all comes back around to serving US interests and security on one hand... then in the next breath, you say that individual freedoms be damned (since if folks don't like it, they can just abandon the country), and you acknowledge that the government is still intact while implying that it should be ousted. Since trade cannot occur, there certainly isn't any profit to be had... Are you thinking the situation is a way to siphon off "strong, pro american" cubans from the communist island, and that's how it benefits the United States? What about this is beneficial to the USA at this point?

Not according to the US government... or the international community at large... or sensible people in general?

The embargo is to cripple and not enable a hostile regime.

You don't give the Castro regime nice things, the same reason you don't give an abusive ex $20 so they can get an Uber and come over.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The embargo is to cripple and not enable a hostile regime.

You don't give the Castro regime nice things, the same reason you don't give an abusive ex $20 so they can get an Uber and come over.

Like we've established though, it has failed in this regard. The regime hasn't changed, and it has severely impacted the citizenry. If you really want to travel down that path, its more like getting an abusive ex blacklisted from finding employment, and then watching as they rely on their children to support them. If you want non-violent regime change, empowering citizens would be far less expensive and couldn't do any worse than what has already failed.

Reactions: Deleted User

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like we've established though, it has failed in this regard. The regime hasn't changed, and it has severely impacted the citizenry. If you really want to travel down that path, its more like getting an abusive ex blacklisted from finding employment, and then watching as they rely on their children to support them. If you want non-violent regime change, empowering citizens would be far less expensive and couldn't do any worse than what has already failed.

There is no "We've established" there is -you- imagining things much like any apologist for a brutal dictatorship.

The United States will not yield to this regime period, if they need something maybe they should call Canada or Mexico. We aren't taking their calls.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no "We've established" there is -you- imagining things much like any apologist for a brutal dictatorship.

The United States will not yield to this regime period, if they need something maybe they should call Canada or Mexico. We aren't taking their calls.

I've not condoned the actions of their government, I've simply pointed out that they still exist despite the embargo, and that said embargo has also hurt people under the rule of said government. If anything, your imagination is what seems to be running rampant. You're making proclamations like you're a politician involved in the decision making process, but you haven't really explained how the embargo helps anything very well. I guess this is all that can be expected of this conversation, but hey, on the bright side, this was almost civil for a half page!

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not condoned the actions of their government, I've simply pointed out that they still exist despite the embargo, and that said embargo has also hurt people under the rule of said government. If anything, your imagination is what seems to be running rampant. You're making proclamations like you're a politician involved in the decision making process, but you haven't really explained how the embargo helps anything very well. I guess this is all that can be expected of this conversation, but hey, on the bright side, this was almost civil for a half page!

The only ones hurting the Cuban people are the Cuban government. If they don't want the embargo they are more than capable of having it ended. They can yield anytime, yielding benefits us in no way whatsoever.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only ones hurting the Cuban people are the Cuban government. If they don't want the embargo they are more than capable of having it ended. They can yield anytime, yielding benefits us in no way whatsoever.

Being cut off from their closest trading partner, which also influences any other potential trading partners and monopolizes the rights to goods from all surrounding areas by and large, seems to be pretty painful to the residents. If you acknowledge their government is bad and that it dominates the people, and the only nearby power chooses to snub the whole island, it kinda seems like the United States is, in fact, aiding the Government in its efforts to dominate the citizens. It isn't like they can just say "Fk it! Packing my bags!" and leave, simple as that. Every avenue of making or even outright receiving wealth via outside influences is cut off, and their ability to profit where they live is dominated by those in power...

What choice do you think this gives general destitute people? Make a mad dash for the mainland and pray they can make it in one piece, then pray they get through immigration? They have virtually nothing and it only gets worse as time goes on, and we enable fewer and fewer refugees to enter over time. The government they live under isn't suffering so badly they can't get by, obviously, so again, where is the benefit to the United States? This literally makes no sense by the statements you've put forward, but...

What if, and hear me out, you're looking at this completely from the wrong angle? Maybe the embargo isn't to stop the commie virus from adolf satan stalin marx so much as it is a scape goat tactic for both political parties to drum up support from swing states and zealous patriots who don't understand foreign policy well enough to even look twice at a globe to find where a country is?

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being cut off from their closest trading partner, which also influences any other potential trading partners and monopolizes the rights to goods from all surrounding areas by and large, seems to be pretty painful to the residents. If you acknowledge their government is bad and that it dominates the people, and the only nearby power chooses to snub the whole island, it kinda seems like the United States is, in fact, aiding the Government in its efforts to dominate the citizens. It isn't like they can just say "Fk it! Packing my bags!" and leave, simple as that. Every avenue of making or even outright receiving wealth via outside influences is cut off, and their ability to profit where they live is dominated by those in power...

What choice do you think this gives general destitute people? Make a mad dash for the mainland and pray they can make it in one piece, then pray they get through immigration? They have virtually nothing and it only gets worse as time goes on, and we enable fewer and fewer refugees to enter over time. The government they live under isn't suffering so badly they can't get by, obviously, so again, where is the benefit to the United States? This literally makes no sense by the statements you've put forward, but...

What if, and hear me out, you're looking at this completely from the wrong angle? Maybe the embargo isn't to stop the commie virus from adolf satan stalin marx so much as it is a scape goat tactic for both political parties to drum up support from swing states and zealous patriots who don't understand foreign policy well enough to even look twice at a globe to find where a country is?

There is no benefit to the U.S ending the embargo. That is who the U.S government represents, not Cubans.

The directly effected U.S citizens. Cuban exiles do not want the embargo lifted, I know the left loves prioritizing the wishes of foreigners over it's citizens but it's not supposed to work that way.

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sensible people in general ? So how they came and burned down my town , running around with AR-15's and killing people .... calling then terrorist is not sensible ? are you a idiot ?

BLM is a Racist terrorist group and they all need to burn in hell

Reactions: jimbo13
D

Deleted User

[
The directly effected U.S citizens. Cuban exiles do not want the embargo lifted, I know the left loves prioritizing the wishes of foreigners over it's citizens but it's not supposed to work that way.
1960...is when the events happened.
Are you seriously saying it's okay to make over two generations of people, who likely had no stance about the missile crisis bear the burden of it. and have them malnourished, dying from disease all because they don't match with the United States, and or choose not do so, even though not posing any threat sense then.

If I asked you to bear the decision of your great grandfather, that would be ludicrous wouldn't it? What if we choose to just not forgive debt, that wouldn't be very nice isn't it?
Your argument doesn't make sense. These are not the same people. The generation that was around 1960 is likely dead, or near dead.
And even then, Cuba was acting in self defense, because the United States threatened their way of life first.
I ask you again, are you seriously going to blame the victim, and not the aggressor? United States OVERTHREW THEIR GOVERNMENT FFS. And put a fucking dictator first. And then cuba threatened missiles after they overthrew the United States puppet government.

@jimbo13

could you answer this question please?
Also since Jimbo you've refused to answer. And given your rhetoric I am assuming yes to my question. In which case I will call you a fascist. You have one more chance to actually respond to this question, one more chance for me to doubt this assumption.

Nazi Germany started invading other countries because they thought their race was superior. Replace race with economic model and it's the same thing happening here. Supporting countless deaths because of "superiority"

Last edited by ,

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no benefit to the U.S ending the embargo. That is who the U.S government represents, not Cubans.

This is feeling circular. My point is that there is no benefit to the us KEEPING the embargo. It doesn't work for its supposedly intended purpose, but it does cost money, resources, manpower, and creates a humanitarian crisis that earns condemnation from the rest of the civilized world, so there is a clear cost to the embargo... a non-benefit, if you will :lol:. Also, I can see that you want to imagine yourself as Captain America, leader of US opinions, but I have worked with many cuban migrants directly, and I can't say I've found a match with your claims.

sensible people in general ? So how they came and burned down my town , running around with AR-15's and killing people .... calling then terrorist is not sensible ? are you a idiot ?

BLM is a Racist terrorist group and they all need to burn in hell

Careful, friend, that is awful close to hate speech. Also, I realize dunking is a sweet and addictive poison, but... "Are you a idiot?" is just a beautiful statement. Sorry to hear if you've had misfortune with BLM, but the point of the protests is that folks as a collective might actually have had a worse time of things, and you might be better served using sympathy over blind rage.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Careful, friend, that is awful close to hate speech. Also, I realize dunking is a sweet and addictive poison, but... "Are you a idiot?" is just a beautiful statement. Sorry to hear if you've had misfortune with BLM, but the point of the protests is that folks as a collective might actually have had a worse time of things, and you might be better served using sympathy over blind rage.

It is not "Awfully close" it is hate speech. We hate BLM they are a racist terrorist organization that has espoused support for everything from support of communism, the overthrow of the U.S Government and destruction of the nuclear family.

Generally they stick to liberating Nikes from the oppressor footlocker and displays from Walmart, but their ideology is on par with any other hate group we label terrorists and all entitled to hate them as much as we want.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not "Awfully close" it is hate speech. We hate BLM they are a racist terrorist organization that has espoused support for everything from support of communism, the overthrow of the U.S Government and destruction of the nuclear family.

Generally they stick to liberating Nikes from the oppressor footlocker and displays from Walmart, but their ideology is on par with any other hate group we label terrorists and all entitled to hate them as much as we want.

Well, I guess that about sums it up. You're obviously too drunk on hate and prejudice to participate in rational discourse, and the op's propaganda getting debunked to hell and back means nothing to your dire need for entrenching your toxic mindset. Y'all can whine about SJW's, leftists, and commies until you're blue in the face, but facts are facts, and at the end of the day... you guys happen to be the minority opinion in the United States, to say nothing of the world as a whole.

In summary... you're wrong, you've done nothing to show you have any knowledge or experience to back your absurd statements, and you and your allies have blessed this forum with nothing but garbage. Thank you for yapping at the dark and wasting everyone's time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival