• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

BLM under fire for defending Cuban regime

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
BLM that took lots of money from people and nobody seems to know where it went is defending the Communist government of Cuba and their crackdown of protesters.
this one hits close to home as i live in Puerto Rico and i have lots of Cubans friends.
I I'm happy to say i never supported BLM nor give them any money.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This shouldn't surprise anyone informed, all the founding members espoused support of Marxism. Black Lives Matter was just a reboot/rebranding of the Black Liberation Movement that used to routinely engage in terrorism and hijack planes and fly them to Cuba back in the 70s.

Last edited by jimbo13,
D

Deleted User

New york post...
Trust worthy... totally. You know, how about I actually go in depth and give it a shot. See if they are worth my time.
capture.PNG

"trained Marxists"
Interesting. Let's look at that link. for the founded by part
capture.PNG

links to themselves... okay.... and it's the co-founder.... okay...
capture.PNG

So she's a claimed trained marxist... Singular... What did they state earlier "founded by 'trained Marxists'"
okay well that's a bit misleading. It makes it sound like multiple Marxists are training each other.
Let's go back to image one. Let's look at the released statement.
E6TasANWEAMIVJy

E6TasALWEAQ_dwR

E6TasAMWYAMPBVy

so... Asking for the United States not to have a embargo on medical supplies and intentionally killing thousands to hundreds because United States disagrees with cuba due to having a different economic system, is apparently a problem according to new york post....
See this is why I can't really take them seriously. They either link to themselves for sources, or completely and utterly misconstrue the source provided

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...s-to-be-discussed-says-miami-mayor/ar-AAM7CZD
interesting... So bombing is on the table?
I thought we cared about Cuba's citizens?

Last edited by ,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking for the United States not to have a embargo on medical supplies and intentionally killing thousands to hundreds because United States disagrees with Cuba due to having a different economic system,

We have an embargo on them because they are a brutal totalitarian regime whose engaged in hostilities to us, staged Nuclear weapons aimed at our cities and are suspected by many of direct involvement in the Kennedy assassination. Spew that garbage in a Cuban neighborhood in Florida with people who actually escaped Castro and you wont leave. There is a reason their people will take tires and water jugs on to open ocean and risk their lives to get to Florida.

Denials of Black Power movements roots and support of Marxism (Black Panthers, BLA, Weather underground, BLM, etc) show a profound ignorance of basic historical knowledge of the 60s thru the 80s.

I know reading history or any of these peoples admissions and writings is a big ask before you retread economic theory craft already proven to be a humanitarian disaster.

Reading is surely out of the question for you, but you could try watching Scarface or Forest Gump and pay attention. You might at least have the jist of what you are talking about.

The Beatles even have a dope diss track about these groups, John Lennon was at least sympathetic to communism and couldn't refrain from mocking them.

Last edited by jimbo13,
Reactions: zfreeman
D

Deleted User

We have an embargo on them because they are a brutal totalitarian regime whose engaged in hostilities to us, staged Nuclear weapons aimed at our cities and are suspected by many of direct involvement in the Kennedy assassination.
False. the reason united states has an embargo on cuba is a direct result of cuba overthrowing the united states puppet government that was installed.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False. the reason united states has an embargo on cuba is a direct result of cuba overthrowing the united states puppet government that was installed.

Lol, take a trip to Disney world and stop off and say that in a Cuban neighborhood and see how it works out for you.
I'm sorry that the matter of history regarding cuba's previous goverment establishment by the united states isn't your forte here.

You seem to be lacking basic knowledge of anything that has transpired in history before Power rangers debuted, you don't even have a biased or skewed view you are just literally making things up to fit your narrative.

I don't know if you are trolling or really as dumb as a carrot, I am hoping trolling but not sure.

D

Deleted User

Lol, take a trip to Disney world and stop off and say that in a Cuban neighborhood and see how it works out for you.

You seem to be lacking basic knowledge of anything that has transpired in history before Power rangers debuted, you don't even have a biased or skewed view you are just literally making things up to fit your narrative.

I don't know if you are trolling or really as dumb as a carrot, I am hoping trolling but not sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgencio_Batista
capture.PNG

again. I'm sorry that history isn't your forte and is inconvenient to you.

capture.PNG

The United States acted first. I'd imagine the Cuban missile crises only happened as a result of Cuban's at the time not wanting to be fucked again with the United States. Infact, no that is EXACTLY what happened.
capture.PNG

"(talking about disarming)... in exchange for a US public declaration and agreement to not invade cuba again"
Cuba's literately just wanted to be left the fuck alone. and the United States wasn't having it. As that was the year (1962) when the United States put sanctions on cuba and never removed it.

In matter of fact, just to make it even more damn clear that the united states acted first on cuba.
capture.PNG

So not only did the united states overthrow a democratic country (since they had a prime minister and president system.) but also put a puppet leader. And then when people got pissed over it, and overthrew them. And then proceeding to work with USSR because of the United States history of fucking with them. The United States then had to agree to not invade cuba again. And then essentially low key fucking with them by trade...

Wasn't the United States to be the shining hill for democracy or something?

Last edited by ,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgencio_Batista
View attachment 270248

again. I'm sorry that history isn't your forte and is inconvenient to you.

View attachment 270249

The United States acted first. I'd imagine the Cuban missile crises only happened as a result of Cuban's at the time not wanting to be fucked again with the United States. Infact, no that is EXACTLY what happened.
View attachment 270250
"(talking about disarming)... in exchange for a US public declaration and agreement to not invade cuba again"
Cuba's literately just wanted to be left the fuck alone. and the United States wasn't having it. As that was the year (1962) when the United States put sanctions on cuba and never removed it.

In matter of fact, just to make it even more damn clear that the united states acted first on cuba.
View attachment 270251
So not only did the united states overthrow a democratic country (since they had a prime minister and president system.) but also put a puppet leader. And then when people got pissed over it, and overthrew them. And then proceeding to work with USSR because of the United States history of fucking with them. The United States then had to agree to not invade cuba again. And then essentially low key fucking with them by trade...

Wasn't the United States to be the shining hill for democracy or something?

Cool story bro, it's 90 miles. I am sure someone in Florida will teach you how to make a raft so you can float on over to the workers paradise.

D

Deleted User

Cool story bro, it's 90 miles. I am sure someone in Florida will teach you how to make a raft so you can float on over to the workers paradise.
so... you cannot argue refute any of the points stated. Telling.

Sorry that I inconvenience you with facts and history.

you are just literally making things up to fit your narrative.
Remember how you said I was making things up? that was some good times.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... you cannot argue refute any of the points stated. Telling.

Sorry that I inconvenience you with facts and history.
Remember how you said I was making things up? that was some good times.

I think your about as dumb as a carrot or trolling and anyone who wants to continually defend communism is on par with a flat-earther or people who think Dinosaurs are a hoax perpetrated by big Paleo and PBS to scam the tax payers.

Cuba is a totalitarian regime that pointed nukes at us, Embargo justified. And the people who had to flee cuba and live through it say the same thing.

Last edited by jimbo13,
D

Deleted User

I think your about as dumb as a carrot or trolling and anyone who wants to continually defend communism is on par with a flat-earther or people who think Dinosaurs are a hoax perpetrated by big Paleo and PBS to scam the tax payers.

Cuba is a totalitarian regime that pointed nukes at us, Embargo justified.
And the United States is a imperialist country that keeps fucking with other countries such as Cuba, over throwing their government, and installing puppet governments. And then when the United States seemed like they were going to fuck with them some more after already overthrowing the United States puppet regime, Cuba sided with the USSR and allowed nukes to be installed a deterrent to the United States from fucking with them again.
the embargo is completely and utterly unjustifed. United States poked the bear. And the bear got pissed. And instead of blaming the United States, who started the whole situation, your blaming the bear. That's absurd.

Reactions: Dakitten

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cuba is a totalitarian regime that pointed nukes at us, Embargo justified. And the people who had to flee cuba and live through it say the same thing.

Assuming you're completely right and that the crime of a very old and dead person's regime warranted the embargo back in the day... how many decades should the Cuban people pay for this? Does an embargo to this day do anything to keep the USA safe well after the smoke has cleared? I'm having difficulty imaging how the longest embargo in modern history is justified without any formal declarations of war or anything.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you're completely right and that the crime of a very old and dead person's regime warranted the embargo back in the day... how many decades should the Cuban people pay for this? Does an embargo to this day do anything to keep the USA safe well after the smoke has cleared? I'm having difficulty imaging how the longest embargo in modern history is justified without any formal declarations of war or anything.

Same Regime, nothing has changed in that regard minus one Castro.

They can either declare free elections or bear embargo. If they want the embargo lifted they are well aware of the minutia of what's required.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same Regime, nothing has changed in that regard minus one Castro.

They can either declare free elections or bear embargo. If they want the embargo lifted they are well aware of the minutia of what's required.

That sounds awfully undemocratic/imperialistic, and it doesn't answer the question as to how long they should suffer for something done a long time ago. Are you implying that the embargo should go on forever so long as their leaders don't bend to the will of the USA? If you're implying that the government in charge is bullying their people and democracy is a precondition to aid, isn't that like victim blaming the citizens? The embargo has been in place for quite a long time, and the supposed desired effect, democratic uprising, obviously has yet to take hold, so on any level this seems to be needlessly cruel and ineffective to boot.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds awfully undemocratic/imperialistic, and it doesn't answer the question as to how long they should suffer for something done a long time ago. Are you implying that the embargo should go on forever so long as their leaders don't bend to the will of the USA? If you're implying that the government in charge is bullying their people and democracy is a precondition to aid, isn't that like victim blaming the citizens? The embargo has been in place for quite a long time, and the supposed desired effect, democratic uprising, obviously has yet to take hold, so on any level this seems to be needlessly cruel and ineffective to boot.

Relationship with the U.S. isn't a right if we don't like how you behave. They can either fall in life with international norms or call someone else. If we were being imperialistic towards Cuba they would be a parking lot, it would take about 15 minutes.

D

Deleted User

Relationship with the U.S. isn't a right if we don't like how you behave. They can either fall in life with international norms or call someone else.
Do you support the invasion of other countries because the United States doesn't like them?

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Relationship with the U.S. isn't a right if we don't like how you behave. They can either fall in life with international norms or call someone else. If we were being imperialistic towards Cuba they would be a parking lot, it would take about 15 minutes.

Not being a right is one thing, but an embargo means that the government is prohibiting private entities from interacting with them, including US-involved foreign parties as well. At the end of the day, this seems to only hurt the civilians and encourage disdain for the United States.

Last edited by Dakitten,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me