Blizzard to begin development of survival game set in a new universe

blizzard game.png

Shortly after Microsoft's acquisition announcement of the developer/publisher, Blizzard shared its new project for PC and console. While not much is known about this unannounced game, it is said to be of the survival genre and will be set in "a whole new universe". "A place full of heroes we have yet to meet, stories yet to be told, and adventures yet to be lived," reads the announcement. "A vast realm of possibility, waiting to be explored."

But other than the artwork shared, don't get your hopes up yet for additional details or gameplay peeks any time soon as the project seems to be in its very early stages of production. Blizzard's post also shared that it's hiring art, design and engineering roles for the project.

blizz game.JPG

That said, it could be interesting to speculate about the game and what to expect of it; especially whether it will be exclusive to Microsoft's platforms or not. What do you think?

:arrow: SOURCE

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yay...another survival game to jump on the bandwagon...

They should completely re-develop Warcraft 3 Reforged first, or make Warcraft 4 for that matter.
I'd prefer a Starcraft 3 : Return of the Earth Directorate :)

Reactions: Taorn

Henx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good luck hiring talent under that c*nt Bobby. Also good luck getting back the players that care about human rights.
Until most of the management is fired, Blizzard will continue to be a shadow for the machos. Nope!

Reactions: HellGhast

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Give or take Valheim (which seems to have gone more for hidden gem status at best) are we not a few years late for the survival trend? Granted I might actually be curious to see what goes here with big boy resources behind something (I saw knowing that more than likely means watered down to please nobody but mildly amuse many).

Good luck hiring talent under that c*nt Bobby. Also good luck getting back the players that care about human rights.
Until most of the management is fired, Blizzard will continue to be a shadow for the machos. Nope!
I am sure there are loads of hungry kids just leaving university* with all the requisite skills that will jump at being able to cut their teeth at Blizzard (now Microsoft), however diminished they may or may not be, rather than put the time in at some mobile games company. Human rights wise... so that is about 3 people then -- everybody has known the game industry is awful for years and years and years now (again see all those hungry kids that will work for nothing, and the endless supply thereof). If it is going to be an old boys club you might even find some attracted to it if it is going to be a counterpoint to US west coast corporate culture.

*granted if those leaving university are largely 21 (maybe 22 if they suffer the con of US universities getting them for another year) now then if their formative years playing games (usually 10-14, though possibly 19 if it is going to be like musical taste) would mean maybe tail end of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 for the games of their youth, maybe some Hearthstone and Overwatch, as opposed to Warcraft, World of (even if some of its peaks happened rather later), Diablos 1 and 2 and original Starcraft. Maybe they played the stuff of their older siblings.

Emperor_Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This announcement reminded me of something. Whatever happened to that faction PvP semi-survival game ex-Blizzard (I think) employees were making? I think it like reset every month or two months or something, and you were supposed to build up for a big last minute battle.

Did I just somehow hallucinate it ever existing? Am I the only one?

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A "survival" game. Lmfao. So much for all of the "death blow to Sony" comments. MS bought Blizzard/Activision? Who tf cares? :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu