Blizzard co-founder and president Mike Morhaime steps down after 27 years with the company

BlizzardEnt.jpg

One of the founders of Blizzard Entertainment, and president for over two decades, Mike Morhaime, is stepping down from his role at the company. He will be succeeded by J. Allen Brack, the executive producer of the World of Warcraft series. Morhaime says that though he is giving command of Blizzard to someone new, he will serve as an advisor to the new incoming team. Brack's past experience stems from working as the senior VP of World of Warcraft, working on the Wing Commander series, and having worked on projects at Sony during the early 2000s.

I am incredibly honored and humbled to serve as Blizzard’s next president, and to lead one of the best entertainment companies in the world, thanks to the passion and dedication of our player community and employees,” said J. Allen Brack, president, Blizzard Entertainment. “Blizzard was founded on the promise of making great games, and I plan to continue this fierce commitment to quality, our community, and our purpose. I couldn’t be more excited about what’s next given the strength of our pipeline.

J. Allen Brack is a seasoned game industry veteran bringing nearly 24 years’ experience to this new role. As president of Blizzard Entertainment, Brack is dedicated to maintaining the high standard of quality that has propelled Blizzard to become an internationally recognized leader in interactive entertainment. Most recently, Brack served as executive producer and senior vice president for World of Warcraft, the #1 subscription-based MMORPG in the world. Throughout his twelve years at Blizzard, World of Warcraft has captivated millions of players worldwide and received a steady stream of high-quality content updates, including multiple expansions that rank among the fastest-selling PC games of all time. Prior to joining Blizzard, Brack held multiple roles at Origin Systems, Inc., working on the Wing Commander franchise, and then at Sony Online Entertainment LLC working on Star Wars Galaxies.

:arrow: Source: Press Release

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why did he quit?

Being president of a big game company is hard work. I'm sure he racked up a lot of doe from all his work. Especially after 27 years. But he hasn't left the company. He'll be an advisor to the new team. A more relaxing role if you ask me.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Being president of a big game company is hard work. I'm sure he racked up a lot of doe from all his work. Especially after 27 years. But he hasn't left the company. He'll be an advisor to the new team. A more relaxing role if you ask me.
All while still bringing home the bacon.

Reactions: Megadriver94

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it sarcasm vibes I'm getting from your post, or...?
also wut, hey there, I'm italian too
Sarcasm? No! Overwatch for me is absolutely the best online competitive multiplayer game ever created, meanwhile Skyrim is the best single player game ever!
P.s. preferisco sushi che pizza, perché ha troppa caloria...

Last edited by leon315,
Reactions: Kittmonster

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sarcasm? No! Overwatch for me is absolutely the best online competitive multiplayer game ever created, meanwhile Skyrim is the best single player game ever!
Personally, for besst single player game, I'd go for Tomb Raider Reboot :)

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dunno, used to play OW, stopped 'cus it got just became frustrating to play it.
Think there's better multiplayer games out there, but I'm the kinda guy that hates playing with random people online, so there's that.
Divertente che dici quello, stasera per cena ho pizza

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dunno, used to play OW, stopped 'cus it got just became frustrating to play it.
Think there's better multiplayer games out there, but I'm the kinda guy that hates playing with random people online, so there's that.
Divertente che dici quello, stasera per cena ho pizza
Overwatch teaches you how to NOT tilt easily, and how to try to improve urself about teamwork among random individuals or even leadership :) now thanks to Overwatch I'm a iceman, dude!
P.s. la pizza si prende al mezzogiorno, tutti quei carboidrati e i grassi che non riusci a smaltire ti rimaranno sui fianchi e sulla panza :) a quanti mesi è incinto di pizza il tuo padre? xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse