exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dv8zy.jpg
The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set, Mists of Pandaria, has been unveiled! Shrouded in fog since the world was sundered more than ten thousand years ago, the ancient realm of Pandaria has remained unspoiled by war. Its lush forests and cloud-ringed mountains are home to a complex ecosystem of indigenous races and exotic creatures — including the noble and enigmatic pandaren. Will the mists of Pandaria part to reveal the world's salvation… or will the battle to control this new land push the Horde and the Alliance over the brink of war and into total annihilation?

In Mists of Pandaria, players will be able to explore an all-new continent while reaching new heights of power on their way to an increased level cap of 90. In addition, adventurers can choose whether to side with the Horde or the Alliance as World of Warcraft’s first neutral race — the pandaren — and master the ways of Pandaria’s ancient martial arts as the all-new monk class.

For more information, check out the official press release, and visit the new World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria website for screenshots, information about the new features, concept art, the announcement trailer, and more.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT®: MISTS OF PANDARIA™ REVEALED AT BLIZZCON® 2011

Fourth expansion to Blizzard Entertainment’s critically acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game reintroduces the mysterious pandaren race to Azeroth

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- October 21, 2011 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for the fourth expansion toWorld of Warcraft®, its award-winning massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). Unveiled to a sold-out crowd at the company’s BlizzCon® gaming festival, World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria lifts the fog of mystery surrounding a long-lost continent that has been newly rediscovered following the events of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm™. The new expansion reintroduces the elusive pandaren, originally seen in Blizzard’s real-time strategy game Warcraft® III, as a playable race and adds a brand-new player class: the martial-arts-focused Monk. While exploring the mysteries of an exotic new land and advancing to the new level cap of 90, players will experience a range of new content and game features, including new quests and dungeons, group scenarios and “challenge” modes, pet battles, and more.

“Players have been asking to see the pandaren in World of Warcraft since the game’s launch, and we’re excited to finally be able to give them a proper re-introduction to Azeroth,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “In addition to the new playable race and class, Mists of Pandaria contains a huge amount of new content, and we’re looking forward to sharing more information about all of it at BlizzCon and beyond.”

In the upcoming expansion, players will be able to explore the long-lost continent of Pandaria, which has remained hidden from the world since the sundering of Azeroth over ten thousand years ago. In the aftermath of the Cataclysm played out in World of Warcraft’s third expansion, Pandaria’s heroes are emerging from their land’s lush forests and cloud-ringed mountains to choose sides in the escalating war between the Alliance and the Horde and to share the extraordinary secrets of their ancient martial arts. As tensions between the factions near a breaking point following the discovery of this new world, players will be called upon to explore Pandaria’s exotic expanses, make contact with its strange indigenous creatures, and unlock the world-changing secrets that have been hiding in the mists for millennia.

New features coming in the game’s fourth expansion include:
  • New Playable Race -- Pandaren: Adventure through Azeroth as World of Warcraft's first neutral race and decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde.
  • New Playable Class -- Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.
  • Level Cap Increased to 90: Learn potent new spells and abilities while exploring uncharted zones and taking on challenging new content.
  • New Zones: Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic areas of Pandaria designed for high-level characters, and uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.
  • Scenarios: Join up with some friends to achieve a common goal, such as mounting a defense against invading monsters, in a flexible new type of PvE challenge.
  • Dungeon “Challenge” Modes: Master the ultimate five-player time trial to earn prestige rewards in a new dungeon mode that will put your resolve and coordination to the test.
  • Pet Battles: Challenge other players’ companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game, and find out who's king or queen of the pint-sized battlefield.
  • New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly overhauled and improved talent system.
Launched in November 2004, World of Warcraft is the world’s most popular MMORPG. The game’s third expansion, Cataclysm, sold more than 3.3 million copies within its first 24 hours of availability, making it the fastest-selling PC game of all time, and went on to sell more than 4.7 million copies in its first month.*World of Warcraft is available in nine different languages -- with a tenth, Brazilian Portuguese, slated for release this year -- and is played in North America, Latin America, Europe, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, mainland China, Korea, Southeast Asia, and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

For more information on World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, visit Blizzard Entertainment’s official website at www.WorldofWarcraft.com. To keep pace with the continued growth of World of Warcraft as well as development on other Blizzard games, the company is currently hiring for numerous open positions -- more information on available career opportunities at Blizzard can be found at http://www.blizzard.com/us/jobopp.

icon11.gif
Via Blizzard Official News
icon11.gif
Source (News Summary)
icon11.gif
Source (Press Release)

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WoW, plus turning vanity pets into veritable Pokemon, plus PANDAREN MONKS AMG.

It's like.. all the things I said Blizzard would have to do to get my attention back to WoW... they were logging it when I was bitching before I quit.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think that they are trying to drive the hardcore WoW players away from WoW and over to Diablo III by making this expansion, while at the same time, giving the "young WoW crowd" what they want: Pandas. :rofl2:

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're trying to cash in on that older crowd that may be exiting though.
The splash screen for World of Warcraft's website shows a temporary promo they are running: Prepay WoW sub for 12 months and Get Diablo III full version free! And BONUS! a free awesome flying mount for all the toons you ever make on the whole Battle.net account.

Oh. also guaranteed participation in the closed Beta for the Pandaria expansion.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
smart choice now he can get back to REAL life!

I'm not sure if that's a joke or not but allot of WoW Players can spend hundreds of dollars on the game
131377578v6_225x225_Front.jpg

girlfriend huh this is what happens if you have a g/f and play this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l99nfgols4E&feature=like-suggest&list=UL

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
smart choice now he can get back to REAL life!

I'm not sure if that's a joke or not but allot of WoW Players can spend hundreds of dollars on the game
131377578v6_225x225_Front.jpg

girlfriend huh this is what happens if you have a g/f and play this!

http://www.youtube.c...suggest&list=UL

Actually that obviously doesn't happen to everyone who plays WoW and has a Girlfriend. Out of the Thousands of players who play that game you can't expect everyone to be completely "normal".

I'm trying to mainly say that just because people play WoW doesn't mean they don't have lives and it doesn't mean they can't be successful. Like I said before Stereotypes will be Stereotypes.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but you still waste hundreds of dollars on a stupid game and there's way better MMOS out there better than wow with far better gameplay and their all free don't you realize your blizzards puppets? :P

--- end of line ---

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
but you still waste hundreds of dollars on a stupid game and there's way better MMOS out there better than wow with far better gameplay and their all free don't you realize your blizzards puppets? :P

That's just your opinion though, have you even played WoW?
Most people I know that hate WoW have never played, claim it sucks time/lives but isn't it the same for most games of a large scale?
Many people take the weekend off work/school to play CoD multiplayer, etc, upon launch.
I'm not saying I agree with everything Blizzard do (unnessary nerfing content for example) but it does offer extremely good value for money even if you only play by yourself, which is possible.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game has jumped the fucking shark.

It's time people, if you are STILL playing this game know this, gaming society is laughing AT you. That's right, your game is pathetic.

It's time for Christ's sake, let it die, move the fuck on.

When my son ditched this game, it was VERY clear it was over. He nearly lived ate and breathed his game. Now he laughs at WOW players.

Pay to play this game? Not fucking likely. That game has become a joke, a bad joke.

Forums that waste space on a WOW specific forum sub section are just showing how dated the community is on them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs